Register

Multi-target bleeds

Face-rippin fun.

Multi-target bleeds

Postby Sheliak » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:03 pm

On fights like Madness and Blackhorn bleeding multiple targets substantially increases dps, but I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to multi-target fights I have no idea what I'm doing. I know that once a target's health goes below 60% the rotation is rake then FB. Targets above 60%, and getting the initial rip ticking is the problem.

After some testing on the dummys, waiting till TF is up then switch, shred (or mangle if needed), TF, rake, ravage, rip, then switching back seems to give me the greatest dps increase at ~700dps (Armory). Doing that means that I am losing a full rake duration and most of a rip on the second target, but not letting bleeds fall off the first. When I try to keep bleeds on both targets I end up energy starved and can't generate 5CP on the second target without losing a rake on the first and most of the time I can't generate 5CP after switching back in time to keep the first rip up. Then you toss in SR coming off and it becomes a clusterf@*k.

Is there a way to have both bleeds on both targets above 60% without relying on TF? Should I just put a rake on target 2 and not even worry about rip till it's ~65% to keep it simple?

I'm using Leafkiller's Ovale script and BadKitty, though neither track dots on a second target, I've been getting away with using focus targets but that's a pain, anything better out there?

Help me oh wise and powerful druid council.

Re: Multi-target bleeds

Postby Puna » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:01 pm

You can find unit frames that place the bleed icon with a timer on all active targets. ElvUi comes with one built in and I think its a plug in for Tidy Plates.

On black horn the first set of adds I can do full double bleeds on since im popping berserk on them, the second set i bleed up 1 target then focus down the drake. Our tanks put the adds right on top of the melee drake though so its not hard to swap. It is more important to nuke the dragon down before the dragonriders but if you have the energy/globals to do it, keeping up mangle and rake would be sufficient until you swap to tunnel it, or if its sub 60% before the drake lands, keeping up everything via rake/bite with 4 set is pretty simple.

for madness im not sure what your double bleeding. I swap off the tentacle at around 12% on normal, 6% on HM with full bleeds to start working on the arm, only really necessary on 4 platform HM, or if tentacle is about to die and parasite is dropping, i'll reapply bleeds and save a burst rotation for parasite. In the final phase of DW if you have clumped on tendrils, swipe till energy starved, go bear and thrash (for lots of yummy spell weave procs) and on the big adds just tunnel one down, they don't live long enough to double dot.

TL;DR - sub 60%, if feasible keep up bleeds with rake/bite, if not tunnel your assigned target. Remember, your assigned target dying first is your top priority, everything else is icing on the cake.

Postby Rawf » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:41 am

It's built in to TidyPlates.

Madness he'd be double dotting his main target and the blood that they're keeping up (for cleaves). Since the blood regens HP that makes relying on tracking the dots and HP on the add while DPS'ing the wing (which is probably taking double damage) rather hard. I just put up a rake and a low cp rip and redo it once they fall off since you're mainly looking for the cleave and then switch back to the wing.

Blackhorn, yeah, only do it if you have high energy and tf is up (or you're berserking).

Postby Puna » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:55 pm

I didn't fine it too worth while dotting bloods on madness, I preferred just going bear for thrash. Seemed to proc more spell weaves on my main target. I have only 1 kill though and only 23 attempts lol. Is it better to tab rake a few bloods?

Postby Rawf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:10 am

You were swapping to bear every 6 seconds to keep up thrash? That's using a huge percentage of your time swapping between forms. Definitely not worth it.

If there are a few bloods up, then swipe (it procs spellweave too). If there's just one then bleed it and swap off.

Return to Kitty DPS