Register

Condensed Feral spell changes 5.0

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Condensed Feral spell changes 5.0

Postby p3lim » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 am

Cat Form: Now increases autoattack damage by 100% and movement speed by 15%.
Dash: Now removes all roots and snares. Using this ability activates Cat Form.
Ferocious Bite: Now only consumes up to 25 additional energy. When used on targets below 25% health, Ferocious Bite will also refresh the duration of your Rip on your target. Critical strike chance increased by 25% against bleeding targets.
Mangle: Now does 370% normal damage, down from 540%. No longer causes the target to take 30% additional damage from bleed effects.
Pounce: Now stuns for 4 sec, up from 3.
Prowl: Using this ability activates Cat Form.
Rake: Now does bleed damage over 15 sec, up from 9.
Ravage!: Now does 750% damage, down from 950%. Prowling and positional requirement removed. Ravage has a 50% increased chance to critically strike targets with over 80% health.
Stampede: Your next Ravage will cost no energy, not require stealth, and not have a positional requirement.
Stampeding Roar: Now removes all roots and snares on those targets.
Swipe: Now does 375%, down from 525%. Now also deals 20% increased damage against bleeding targets.
Omen of Clarity: Now a Feral only skill.
Ravage: Now costs 50 energy, down from 60. Now does 650% damage, down from 950%. Ravage has a 50% increased chance to critically strike targets with over 80% health.
Rip: Now each time you Shred or Mangle the target while in Cat Form the duration of your Rip on that target is extended by 2 sec, up to a maximum of 6 sec.
Savage Roar: Now increases physical damage done by 30%. Duration per combo point increased (5cp = 42 sec).
Skull Bash: New. You charge and skull bash the target, interrupting spellcasting, preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec, and increasing the mana cost of all spells by 10% for 10 sec. 13 yd range, 15 sec cooldown, Instant cast.
Tiger's Fury: Now also restores 60 energy. Cannot be activated while Berserk (Cat) is active.
Survival Instincts: Now only works in Bear form.

Honored

Re: Condensed Feral spell changes 5.0

Postby Rarge » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 pm

So does Skull Bash no longer have a energy cost? Please for the love of god say yes.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Is it just me or do some of those seem rather... odd? Mangle nerfed? Does that mean they'll remove the positional requirement from Shred, or will we be even more screwed the next time an Ultraxion-style fight comes along? Ravage nerfed, Swipe nerfed?

I'm probably not seeing something.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby Rarge » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Sibylle wrote:Is it just me or do some of those seem rather... odd? Mangle nerfed? Does that mean they'll remove the positional requirement from Shred, or will we be even more screwed the next time an Ultraxion-style fight comes along? Ravage nerfed, Swipe nerfed?

I'm probably not seeing something.

The new Glyph of Shred suggests they're probably keeping the positional requirement for now, it's still early days so a cat can only hope.

I think with the nerfs they're trying to make our damage less reliant on having a good weapon.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm

All of our damage abilities being nerfed is not due to weapon damage. Unless something else changes that will still be the biggest source of our damage. The changes are due to Savage Roar going back to it's Wrath roots and increasing all our damage by 30%. We will see a slightly higher (but not much) skill cap, and our damaging abilities are being adjusted accordingly.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 pm

What makes me happy about the changes (not all are posted) is that they are going to keep the Stampeed effect in the game. For now we don't know what it is tied to as they have removed it from Feral Charge.

- Ravage!: Now does 750% damage, down from 950%. Prowling and positional requirement removed. Ravage has a 50% increased chance to critically strike targets with over 80% health.
- Stampede: Your next Ravage will cost no energy, not require stealth, and not have a positional requirement.
- Ravage: Now costs 50 energy, down from 60. Now does 650% damage, down from 950%. Ravage has a 50% increased chance to critically strike targets with over 80% health.

I am disapointed by seeing the Feral Charge change though. I loved having this as an opener, and it's great for soloing.
- Wild Charge: Renamed from Feral Charge. No longer costs energy. Now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec. Can only be used while in combat.

Honored

Postby Rarge » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:I am disapointed by seeing the Feral Charge change though. I loved having this as an opener, and it's great for soloing.
- Wild Charge: Renamed from Feral Charge. No longer costs energy. Now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec. Can only be used while in combat.

It wouldn't take much to get yourself in combat, faerie fire should do it, no?

The cooldown being 15seconds instead of 30 is also nice.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Having it used only in combat completly takes it away as an opener. Because FF kicks off a GCD you may as well run in. Same with soloing mobs. If I have to get close enough to hit FF, its going to be coming right at me and Feral Charge will be pointless.

The only benefit to the reduced cooldown is for PVP as a gap closer. In PVE, there isn't a real need to switch targets every 15 seconds, espessially since it's not kicking off the Stampeed buff anymore.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 pm

I generally don't see the need to restrict abilities (even more), seeing as we're not doing the greatest dps anyway.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Timidtoast » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:44 am

Rarge wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:I am disapointed by seeing the Feral Charge change though. I loved having this as an opener, and it's great for soloing.

It wouldn't take much to get yourself in combat, faerie fire should do it, no?

The cooldown being 15seconds instead of 30 is also nice.

Adding to what Tinderhoof said, using FF as an opener now would be a dps loss and a much needed cp boost (as I see from beta observations) instead of prowling behind the boss and opening with a ravage.

The whole cd shorten in pve is moot especially if we're not getting our ravage! from it anymore. Unless there is a fight that requires movement to an add and then back to boss (with where our burst will be now with less crit and energy concerns we shouldn't be the ones swapping)

What bothers me the most is we're losing out on a survival instincts which for me was huge in terms of hero bear moments and taking a spot in a HUltrox style rotation.
Flying Fire Kitty's FTW!
No beta yet so my knowledge is secondhand. Please don't hold it against me!

Postby mineko » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:47 am

Copypasta from MMOchampion:

Ferocious Bite damage has been increased by 20%. Now scales from 111.5% of AP at 5 Combo Points, up from 69% of AP.
Maim base damage has been increased by 20%.
Mangle (Cat) now deals 480% damage, up from 370% damage.
Pounce base damage has been increased by 20%.
Rake base damage has been increased by 20%. Now scales from 34% of Attack Power, up from 25.9%.
Ravage! now deals 850% damage, up from 650%.
Swipe (Cat) now awards 1 combo points if it strikes your current combo target.
Thrash (Cat) base damage has been increased by 20%.
Ravage now deals 850% damage, up from 650%.
Rip damage has been increased by 20%. Now scales from 27.5% of Attack Power at 5 Combo Points, up from 21% of AP.
Shred now deals 480% damage, up from 370%.

So swipe now gives combo points? This will be very interesting.

Postby Grondmaster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:46 am

Unfortunelty I dont have a beta access, but is it true that on beta, our Primal Fury has been changed to this: http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=16961

I'm not completly clear what does combo moves stand for? Still Shred, Mangle and Rake? Or do they mean Rip?

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 am

Could this mean that we'll be using Pounce now? Or will we Stealth then Ravage, seeing as charge (Wild Charge) doesn't seem to give a free Ravage! anymore?
-Sibylle

Postby Paramount » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:11 am

Stampede is still in game for Mists. Not exactly sure what it's linked to but it could be anything. It's very doubtful that we'll use Pounce in PvE, and Prowling just to Ravage seems a bit far fetched as well. I wouldn't bother speculating since Blizz is notorious for sudden, radical changes between beta and live.

I'm sure there will be a sizable write up about feral in the beta so you'll have a chance to wrap your head around it before Mists actually launches.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:51 am

Yeah, true, especially since there hasn't been a damage pass yet.

I guess I'm not very open to changes right now in general, because I'm *just* finding my feet in the current system. So I for one can wait...
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Currently Stampeed is still connected to T13 4p. It's kind of buggy right now, but it still gives a free proc !Ravage. With them putting so much effort into Ravage (ie they keep messing with damage coefficents) I hope they will keep it linked to our play.

Unless something big changes we will not be using any stealth moves in PVE. Pounce doesn't stun bosses and the bleed is way to weak. Ravage is still to expensive to consider as an opener with out Stampeed. For now Feral Charge only exists to get us to a new target faster, so our opener will be like it was back in LK.

Postby mineko » Fri May 18, 2012 12:11 am

What do you guys make of this change?

Rip is now a Guardian spell, not Feral.

Taken from mmo-champion.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri May 18, 2012 8:37 am

Doesn't mean anything for us other than we got another buff.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Well wait, if it's a Guardian spell, wouldn't that mean only Bears would have it? Unless it's just a general reclass and Rip is still available for all specs...dunno what, I thought personally it was an error when I first saw it.

Return to Kitty DPS