Register

Madness of Deathwing

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Madness of Deathwing

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 am

Swiping bloods isn't worthwhile for single target damage because only rarely will spellweave actually trigger more than once from the same swipe. (It'll pad overall damage, obviously, but won't help you win.) I've also tried keeping DoTs on a regenerative blood and the spellweave procs were still rare enough that I strongly doubt this is worth doing.

Postby Serringa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 pm

I found heroic madness rather irritating because spellweave cleaving is basically padding meters.

For example, if you look at overall damage done on this kill I'm near the bottom: overall dps log
but if you exclude the bloods I'm right in the middle: bloods excluded
and if you drill in to the times where we actually kill bloods I'm doing just as much damage as anyone.

Maybe some classes are getting good results from spellweave cleaving, but I just don't see it. It's almost entirely wasted damage.

Postby Rawf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:18 am

As far as dots on the bloods are concerned, the arm / wing of deathwing is taking double damage for most of the time so swapping to a blood for any extended amount of time is lost damage. So what I do is put up a rake, then put up a rip with only 1 or 2 CP and then swap back to deathwing.

Rip's duration isn't affected by CP's and the damage lost by using a low cp rip is easily gained back by staying on dwing for longer.

Also, @Pegàz how do you have so much swipe damage on your kill? 5.6million more then me...

Postby pegàz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Rawf wrote:Also, @Pegàz how do you have so much swipe damage on your kill? 5.6million more then me...

We keep more regenerative blood pop than u it seems, so it help me to do 1/3 more swipe than u. And our Aoe setup this night was not great so i could perform well.

Postby Ptah » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi, we started the HC progress just this week. I'm in hybrid spec - tanking every second impale.
I use this CDs to soak the impales:
1st: Dream + Barkskin + Stay of execution
all others: SI + Barkskin + Stay of execution
FR as needed, and just before the bold on 4th platform.

The problem is on the 3rd platform when is SI still on CD during the 2nd impale. So we stop dps on the 2nd platform for 20s and finish the tentacle just before cataclism. Is there any combination of external CD that would save my ass w/o SI? Pain suppression is out of question as it is used by Warr tank on the 3rd platform... I did not change my reforges used on spine as I don't think that it would change the situation...

Our setup:
Prot Warrior
Feral Druid (me)
Resto Druid
Holy Pala
Disco Priest
Affly Lock
Survival Hunter
Fire Mage
Retry Paladin
Frost DK

This is me - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... h/advanced
Logs from tonight - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8gwhtm24mmpcs9gb/

Any advice is highly appreciated... Thanks.

PS: Ysera > Alexstrasza > Nozdormu > Kalecgos

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Make sure the Warrior has taken the Safeguard talent and have him Intervene you and the holy paly needs to do Hand of Sacrifice on you. Really the Warrior needs to be intervening you every impale you take, but those two together should allow you to survive.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Based on the logs it looks like you are DPS'ing most of the time and just shifting to suck up the impale. If you guys are able to pause for 20 seconds on platform 2 your dps is likely not the issue. I would really push for more tank centric gear. This includes the tank meta, put the run speed/stam enchant on your boots and using the normal Kirils if you have it. Even wearing this your DPS won't be hurt to badly.

The reason I push for this is on the last platform its really easier to have 2 tanks on the elementals and you can do a crap load of damage with full vengence and swipe/thrash on the bloods.

Postby Ptah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks Tinder, we'll try it that way and I'll let you know ;)...

Honored

Postby Toro » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 pm

FINALLY GOT HEROIC MADNESS!

Took like 15 attempts of work... gg at a relief from Spine, HAHAHA
Also, ranked 15th ^_^

Gogo Beardom!
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:21 am

Gratz Toro, great work :D
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:10 am

Toro wrote:FINALLY GOT HEROIC MADNESS!

Took like 15 attempts of work... gg at a relief from Spine, HAHAHA
Also, ranked 15th ^_^

Gogo Beardom!

Congrads indeed. Once spine is dead its only a matter of time. Madness was so much easier then spine it was kind of a let down. Now that you beat the game what do you plan to do....(hint: its an opening).

Honored

Postby Toro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:27 am

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

Now that the Gruul-ing task is over (who doesn't like puns), we will refine our strat and keep clearing, getting some more mounts, etc.

Still waiting for D3...

Having downed that stupid dragon, some quick tips:

If you've got DKs, Army of the Dead WILL taunt Elementium Terrors, so please use that, considering healing -MAY- fall behind at sub 5%. (Phase 2)

Bears picking up bloods (phase 1) is fairly amazing, similar to warriors, due to the ability to charge to the Parasite, meaning maximum uptime on the Parasite with spell weave.

Also, you need to apply (as a cat/bear) a dot to the blood you keep alive, when attacking the arm tentacle, to spellweave. A rake + rip (even 1 pt) is sufficient, as the dmg done from the dot isn't important, as you're not trying to kill the blood, but get the spellweaving buff, which has a chance per tick of dot.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Honored

Postby adianar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:34 pm

OK. Confession here to make after a raid setup question.

We attempted H DW last night for the first time. Got him down to 15% and got whacked on the P2 bloods. SLows don't seem to work and we had most everyone of them get through. We haven't worked on this at all until last night, but this is a simple fight if we can coordinate that last component. SO, who is doing what to best ensure you get some/all bloods down at 15/10/5% for the kill?

Adi

PS Confession... Somehow amazingly, I've completely missed the spellweave mechanic for kitties. What is it? When do I use it? What should i be using it on and when? (How the hell I got this far not knowing about it amazes me..)

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 pm

adianar wrote:OK. Confession here to make after a raid setup question.

We attempted H DW last night for the first time. Got him down to 15% and got whacked on the P2 bloods. SLows don't seem to work and we had most everyone of them get through. We haven't worked on this at all until last night, but this is a simple fight if we can coordinate that last component. SO, who is doing what to best ensure you get some/all bloods down at 15/10/5% for the kill?

Adi

PS Confession... Somehow amazingly, I've completely missed the spellweave mechanic for kitties. What is it? When do I use it? What should i be using it on and when? (How the hell I got this far not knowing about it amazes me..)

From what I can remember of our kills (jumping back a few months here mind) we had every slow available to us in use for the blood to ensure they get hit. They spawn in one of three locations so have one guaranteed slow waiting at each and then quickly move the rest to them. Make sure you slow/stop DPS on Deathwing himself around 17/12/7% to deal with the adds that spawn (maybe more if you have a DoT heavy raid) before switching back to force the blood to spawn.

In regards to Spellweave, you don't need to do anything about it. It's a passive effect that causes arcane splash damage to nearby enemies when you attack. Note that it will NOT deal damage to your current target.

Previous

Return to Boss Archives