Register

Macro kitty 5.0.4

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Macro kitty 5.0.4

Postby Greyhorn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Anyone is using some macros? Most of them dont work anymore for me such as berserk/tiger fury, the old charge, the skull bash macro etc...

Exalted

Re: Macro kitty 5.0.4

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Please post the ones you are having issues with and what the issue is. Describe what happens.

Postby Greyhorn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 pm

-Aoe macro : /castsequence reset=6 Swipe, Thrash
-Feral charge/Faerie Fire macro: # showtooltip
/cast [form:1, @mouseover,harm][form:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); [form:3, @mouseover,harm][form:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form); Barkskin
/cast [nostealth] Faerie Fire (Feral)()
-Frenzied rege in cat form macro: #showtooltip Frenzied Regeneration)
/cast [stance:2Frenzied Regeneration);!Bear Form(Shapeshift)
-Tiger fury / berserk macro: #showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Berserk; [form:3] Tiger's Fury(Cat Form);
/cast [form:3, nomod] Berserk

I know that many of these macro should rewriting in order to the new spell and talent system, but i'm not able to rewrite macros and setup addons xD , thanks in advice :)

Postby Greyhorn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 pm

If anyone of you has some useful macros, pls post it! :)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:43 pm

A lot of the spells changed in how they are called. For example I don't think you will see "(cat form)" anymore. I suggest you edit each macro with your spell book open and right click on the spell icons in the spell book to update spells you are using.

Postby railyth » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 am

this is the macros im using.
-------------------------------------------
(Feral charge name changed) to (Wild charge)
/cast Wild Charge
/cast Faerie Fire
-------------------------------------------
(Stelth - Pounce - Mangle) shal might change it to from mangle to rake now
/cast [stance:3, nostealth, nocombat] !Prowl; [stance:3, stealth] Pounce; [stance:3] Mangle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For stampeding roar you dont need macro anymore. same with skull bash you dont need macro for this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Speedboost macro for worgen)
#Showtooltip
/castsequence [nostance:3]; reset=144 Dash, Darkflight(Racial),
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all is working fine for me. for tf and berserk i think you just need to type /cast Tiger's Fury jump down and typ /cast berserk. Hope it works for you. :)

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 am

Has anyone got a Pulverise / Swipe macro or are you hitting them separately? I am running out of room on my bars!

Postby Greyhorn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 am

Grenache wrote:Has anyone got a Pulverise / Swipe macro or are you hitting them separately? I am running out of room on my bars!

Pulverize doesnt exist anymore :(

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am

Casts Berserk, Tiger's Fury, and Incarnation, uses one of 2 (gloves and trinket) on use and if SHIFT is held during press, uses a potion as well.

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Incarnation
/use 10
/use 13
/use [mod:shift] Potion of the Tol'vir

A smaller set of the above macro for just tigers fury and using on-use gloves/trinkets with it:
#showtooltip
/use Tiger's Fury
/use 13
/use 10
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Greyhorn wrote:
Grenache wrote:Has anyone got a Pulverise / Swipe macro or are you hitting them separately? I am running out of room on my bars!

Pulverize doesnt exist anymore :(

Oops sorry I meant Thrash.

Postby mineko » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm

For my swipe/thrash macro, I just have a simple modifier macro that goes like this:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [mod:alt] Thrash; Swipe

Basically if you hit the key it's bound to, it will both start attacking your current target, and cast swipe. If you hold alt while pressing its key, it will thrash. I use modifier macros for nearly all my keybinds, so every number key has at least two functions depending on whether I'm holding alt or not. It's a great way to truncate the amount of buttons you need to hit.

Note that you can also use alt, ctrl, or shift for your modifier macros, effectively causing any given key to have up to four separate functions depending on what modifier key you're holding (alt, ctrl, shift, or no modifier).

Also use caution, by default ctrl+number keys are all used for pet abilities, so you'll have to remap those if you want to use ctrl in your modifier macro.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:42 am

Any idea why I am unable to revage during incarnation? Tried puting revage in/out of macros and still.

Postby Plunge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:33 pm

mekell wrote:Casts Berserk, Tiger's Fury, and Incarnation, uses one of 2 (gloves and trinket) on use and if SHIFT is held during press, uses a potion as well.

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Incarnation
/use 10
/use 13

Is this macro working for everybody? I raided Thursday night and the macro would only work half the time for me. :(

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:36 pm

mekell wrote:Casts Berserk, Tiger's Fury, and Incarnation, uses one of 2 (gloves and trinket) on use and if SHIFT is held during press, uses a potion as well.

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Incarnation
/use 10
/use 13

If you're going to put both gloves and trinket in your TF macro you should put the trinket line first.

Plunge wrote:Is this macro working for everybody? I raided Thursday night and the macro would only work half the time for me. :(

Incarnation is on the GCD, so you have to make sure you're either off the GCD or you mash the button until you are off the GCD for the Incarnation to go off.

Postby Plunge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:40 pm

aggixx wrote:

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Incarnation
/use 10
/use 13

If you're going to put both gloves and trinket in your TF macro you should put the trinket line first.

Plunge wrote:Is this macro working for everybody? I raided Thursday night and the macro would only work half the time for me. :(

Incarnation is on the GCD, so you have to make sure you're either off the GCD or you mash the button until you are off the GCD for the Incarnation to go off.

Thanks for the reply! This is what I thought so I did try hitting the button a few times but if I remember right it was saying spell is not ready. Its late here so I guess I'll check it again tomorrow.

Honored

Postby mekell » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:28 am

As a note, if you have both gloves and trinket on-uses, it will only use one, and you will get "That item is not ready yet" because they share a cooldown. Generally speaking it always uses the one that is ready first. I've not tested it in a raid scenario yet, so it may require some adjusting.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:58 pm

So I finally got around to updating all the information, WoW Interface Uploads and creating a new thread. All my Feral Specific Macros are posted within. Here it is:

Konungr's UI Thread (MoP)

If you have any Questions or Comments about anything within my UI, find me in-game (Konungr - US Illidan - <Unleash>) (BattleTag: Konungr#1372), find me on FluidDruid, or at my thread on the Tuk/Elv UI Forums. You can also see my UI in action in my 10 man Progression Feral PoV videos on my YouTube channel.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 am

Any reason why

/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch

works but brings me out of cat form?

I swear it was working the other day

Also

my berserk macro still works but the button is never lit up any more ... when I include the showtooltip Berserk line...it lights up with just showtooltip but then it uses my TF countdown and I dont want it to.

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 am

I have the exact same issue with NS/ HT...

Adi

Revered

Postby Qbear » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 am

Make it into a /castsequence macro instead

You'll have to hit the keybind twice, but you'll never leave cat/bear form.

/castsequence nature's swiftness, healing touch

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Thx Q!

Adi

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

It should work but is a bug. I have had it filed for about a month now with no action.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307522174

Postby Arnathis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Not great at writing macros so could one of you guys that are be so kind as to come up with something that's going to make DoC more streamlined and easy to use in combat? Something where healing touch is cast on "player A" (most likely a tank) but if they're not in range it's cast on me?

Haven't looked into the DoC rotation much yet cause I think there's changes coming soon but if it stays the way it is i'm picturing needing to use all my PS procs on it before refreshing dots. Sound about right? A macro like the one I described above would sure make this nice and easy especially since its off the GCD.

Postby Sorbic » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 am

I'm a old druid coming back since the new exp is out.
In the past I was using many macro's, unlucky all my macros are gone.
(I though they saved it on the server ? seems not ?)

This thread give me a good idea what to use again and as in every exp new rules of macros are popping.
However one I could not really find. Its a combination of TF with Berserk.
What it did in the past was, First you had TF once hit the button it switch to berserk.
If you did or didn't used berserk it would reset after 25sec back to TF.

So I found this from Greyhorn, which sounds simular and btw great idea.
Greyhorn wrote:-Aoe macro : /castsequence reset=6 Swipe, Thrash

However I found out on the internet that using reset option, when you each time hit the button it will reset macro, again and again?
While in the past it was conversely, the reset count worked with the first hit on the button not the last.
Is this still possible to have the reset on the first button hit?
This would be good idea for Swipe and Thrash aswell, you start with Thrash and then you spam Swipe for 12 a 15 sec and then it returns automatic back to Thrash, but I'm afraid this doesn't work like this anymore? Correct ?

While we are busy, I got the idea if possible,
To first have the TF + berserk macro but when we push berserk (second sequence)
We activate berserk with carnation and vigil.... + maybe alt option for potion agi.
Is this possible to do in one macro ? Or do we need to split it up in 2 macro? like in the past with feral charge and ravage ?

Greetings

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:22 pm

First off you do not want to do a cast sequence macro for TF/Berserk. Both are off the GCD so a simple:
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk

will use both at the time time.

Natures Vigil is also off the GCD but Incarnation is not. As long a Incarnation is last in the macro and you are not on a GCD this will also work as a 1 press. If Incarnation doesn't go off press again.
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Nature's Vigil
/cast Incarnation

If you want to add the potion with a modifier it would be:
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Nature's Vigil
/cast Incarnation

This info was available perviously in this thread.

As for our AOE macro do not use a cast sequence. Because most AOE situations do not involve all of the mobs we need to AOE all grouped up perfect in a pack. Mobs run in late, or run out. If you get an OOC proc it may be worth using to refresh Thrash. If you have a DoC proc you will want to use Thrash over Shred unless you just refreshed it with DoC. It is better to track thrash and be mindful when the bleed is going to come off cooldown then just mash a single button.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS