Register

Leafkiller's 5.04 Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's 5.04 Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:48 am

Leaf, Aggixx and I spent about 3 hours working on the script tonight. The latest updates didn't finish till about 1am PST. On the latest script I wasn't seeing any of the FF issues being discussed. I did update Ovale today which could solve some issues. Also please try /reload ui before combat.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:45 am

Have I mentioned lately how awesome you guys are? Seriously, the amount of work you put in that every feral can benefit from... This is seriously one of the best-supported specs in the game, and it's due to you guys.

I just wanted to say that - mostly I don't post these days for the simple reason that I can't contribute anything constructive not being a theorycrafter and also moving house which takes up most of my time (and will rob me of reliable internet for at least a week soon). But I do read everything posted here, and it's so very helpful. Thanks, folks!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Sabris » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:53 am

Sibylle wrote:Have I mentioned lately how awesome you guys are? Seriously, the amount of work you put in that every feral can benefit from... This is seriously one of the best-supported specs in the game, and it's due to you guys.

I just wanted to say that - mostly I don't post these days for the simple reason that I can't contribute anything constructive not being a theorycrafter and also moving house which takes up most of my time (and will rob me of reliable internet for at least a week soon). But I do read everything posted here, and it's so very helpful. Thanks, folks!

This. Yes.
Thank you.

Postby Silvertip » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Not to clutter up the thread, but I couldn't agree more with the two previous posts!!! been using leafkillers scripts for long time now, and sincerely appreciate all the effort that you guys put into this!!! Your work is outstanding!! Thanxkyou!!
D

Postby Nyge » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Much like these others, id like to say a big thank you to you all foor your exceptionally hard work in helping us to be all we can be.
Also, like the other apologies for the thread clutter :)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 am

I added a new feature to the Guardian rotation. There is a new check box called Bear AOE Rotation. If that box is checked the main rotation window will swap from single target to aoe. The second box for the cooldowns is unchanged. Give it a shot, and let me know what you guys think.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm still seeing it telling me to hit Ferocious Bite outside of BitW and outside of Berserk when rip only has 3 or 4 seconds left. This on raid encounters not training dummies.

Postby Mykeela » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 pm

aggixx wrote:I'm still seeing it telling me to hit Ferocious Bite outside of BitW and outside of Berserk when rip only has 3 or 4 seconds left. This on raid encounters not training dummies.

Yeah same here, it suggests FBs when Rip has around 3-4 secs left :(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:34 am

There are only three places (four calls) in the script where FB shows up. These are BiTW refreshing (two calls), during Berserk, and this one:

Code: Select all
    if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDeadIn(less 7) {
        Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
    }

I have seen some questionable behavior with the TargetDeadIn, so I just removed that from the code. I already removed a lot of the TargetDeadIn calls in the code. People will just need to manage the last 10-15 seconds of the encounters on their own.

I know the Berserk code is working, as is the BiTW code as I have seen those. If they are unreliable, then I have no idea what I can do other than hope that Blizz and/or Ovale fix the issues.

I also removed the AddCombo on TargetDeadIn less than 8.5 seconds...(that was the last place in the code where TargetDeadIn appeared and may explain why some people reporting not seeing energy pooling).

Postby Димонтий » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:43 am

Hi! Sorry for my English.

The problem with the FFF still remain, even if you remove the tick of its use in the rotation. It just weighs does not change even end its use! I'm talking about the form of the cat # 5.4.9

PS: And thank you for the new script, my bear very happy=)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:18 pm

If you have turned off the FF button, The FF code you are seeing is only requesting FF during times when the rotation is pooling energy so it should not be interfering with what you are doing. It is probably an issue with other classes overwriting the buff. Blizz may have some bugs in there...or Ovale may have some issues that are affecting us.

I suppose I can turn that off also, although I like having that as a method of keeping FF up rather than the way we have had it in the script before as it specifically uses rotational downtimes to refresh.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:22 pm

The "opportunistic" FF implementation feels pretty solid but having it on a toggle would be a great addition, I think.

Postby Meguro » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm

First of all, echoing those above, thanks for the great site and the great script, and all the hard work they represent.

Next, with apologies as a newbie user and computer nitwit, where is the FF toggle? I can't seem to find a control panel at all except for the '/ovale config' panel, which seems to cover appearance issues only. Is it in the code itself, someplace?

I'm sure this is a silly question for those slightly less clueless; but any hint greatly appreciated!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Just click on the main rotation box. The checkbox list will show up on the right. Pick the options you want and click the main rotation box again to hide them again.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 am

New version - now tracks Wild Charge in the upper left box for cats. Also, changed the default to not enable FF for new people installing the script.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:30 am

So...Rake outscales Shred now if you have a high mastery build. There is a new script 5.4.12 that utilizes an entirely new rotation based on using Rake for fillers. It is simming at about a 4600 dps gain.

For those who want to stick with the Shred rotation, it is still available (5.4.11).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 am

Leafkiller wrote:It is simming at about a 4600 dps gain.

Rough number, but yes it is definitely in that ballpark.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 am

Sorry, are you saying that using Rake to build combo points (rather than shred) is going to give us a 4600 dps gain?!

I can't believe that this will be allowed to persist.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 am

I would be very surprised if they hadn't fixed this on beta by the time MoP rolls around, however, I would not be surprised if they decided to apply that change to only beta and not to live.

Edit: I tried out the action list on a lesser geared friend's character (398 item level, 1928 mastery unbuffed) and it was a 5.9% DPS gain. This is compared to a 8.9% DPS gain in BiS gear.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:26 am

Leafkiller wrote:So...Rake outscales Shred now if you have a high mastery build. There is a new script 5.4.12 that utilizes an entirely new rotation based on using Rake for fillers. It is simming at about a 4600 dps gain.

For those who want to stick with the Shred rotation, it is still available (5.4.11).

Shred still have to 3 times to extend rip.

Does 5.4.12 only using rake for filler?

Thanks for your reply.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 am

It accounts for the bloodletting effect on your rips and does use shred solely to trigger the rip extension when it is appropriate to do so.

There is currently a bug in Ovale that prevents true tracking of the number of times rip has been extended, but the implementation is comparable DPS to one that does know when it is and isn't extending Rip.

Postby Yriss » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:15 am

Can you tell your stats for this gain ? I was able to reach 1818 mastery rating but without hit cap (750 hit rating) ... Your friend in 398 gear has more mastery than me :D

ok for a normal fight, but on ultraxion ? Should we just keep spamming rake, even if we clip a better rake, instead of cast mangle to extend rip ? Or wait for a tf to !shred, even if we loose better rakes ?
(i tried to uncheck "use shred for filler" but ovale show me rake and shred like before, not mangle at all)

And for lvl 90, with a doc build, i'm not sure we should spam rake ... so other builds (NV ?) could be better ... and simpler to execute ... Any test done for them ?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 am

Best in slot gear has 1771 mastery rating. My friend has so much mastery because they're using a Heroic Spire instead of a Kiril.

If you're in front of the target you'd want to use mangle and shred! to extend your rip.

Will do tests on this at level 90 soon.

Postby Yriss » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:43 am

true ... i forget about this weapon, we can't reforge ours, so we loose secondary stats here ... but i'm in bis gear too, and i have 1818 mastery, just a little less hit than you i think, 7.32% instead of 7.5%
I haven't raid this week yet, i'll test a rake rota tomorrow ... last raid live until mop for us

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 am

I just double checked the reforging, and while it is feasible to get up to 1808 mastery rating in best in slot it seems that it is, oddly enough, not optimal to do so.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS