Register

Addons

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Addons

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:13 am

Hi

I use Needtoknow as my main addon for monitoring buffs/bleeds etc and I've always been happy with that. However, it has no combo points element to it so I've been using one called 'BasicComboPoints'. This has always worked fine for me in the past but since the last patch I've found that when it adds two combo points it seems to do it by adding one then a short time later a second one...its not a massive delay but long enough for me to spam another rake/shred when I might already be sat at 5 combo points. Has anyone seen this is other addons or is it specific to the one Im using? Can anyone recommend any other simple combo point addons to supplement NTK?

Re: Addons

Postby Azarri » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:19 am

This is not an addon issue, it seems to be an in game problem with our CPs generated by crits showing up almost a GCD later. :(

Honored

Postby Elamari » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:45 am

I use Scrolling Combat Text to monitor my combo points. It comes up with text with a "1 CP, 2 CP" etc.. and at 5 it says "5 CP Finish It!".

I also use xperl for my unit frame, target and target of target. On the targets unit frame a transparent bar goes across where the name of the target is, above the health and mana bar. At 1 CP it's green and moves to yellow at 3 and to red at 5.

This lets me see how many CP I have when the scrolling combat text fades.

I was looking at another blog and I might pick up need to know so I can track my savage defense buff when Im tanking.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:06 am

I have used Need to Know for ages too, and love its simplicity. For combo points I use the default Pitbull module and I have have never noticed any kind of delay.

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 am

I use pitbull as well, and have noticed a significant delay. I don't think its pitbull. When i am seeing it next time, ill disable all my addons and try it again.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 am

Im going to have a look later and see if the standard Blizzard combo point display against the target is showing the same delay...

Honored

Postby mekell » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Unfortuantely i have not been able to login and test this. We are in the process of selling our current house and buying a new one (which is BEYOND extremely stressful if you have never done it). Both both happened within 3 days of starting, so its all happening at the same time, on top of trying to get packed and moved...anyways, excuse++.

I will try to get back on and see if this is still happening and note the conditions, when my internet connection is capable of it that is (we are still on the road between where we are moving to and from (10ish hours away).

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 am

It looked to me like the standard Blizzard combo points on the target were subject to the same issue. I find this extremely annoying as I regularly end up spammin another shred to get to 5 when in fact Im already there :(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:50 pm

What I have seen with combo points is the second combo point from critting is delayed, while the first one is quick. It is annoying.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:04 am

Does anyone know if this has been posted anywhere as a bug for Blizz to ignore?

Return to Kitty DPS