Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Note: Ovale will not be ready when 6.0 launches. Once it is ready we'll be able to write an updated script. Here's a status update from the addon developer:
Jeshu wrote:I've just been dry-coding changes to Ovale for 6.0 based on what I've been reading in the latest PTR patch notes. There's a lot of stuff and it's a lot of work, and I'm not expecting to finish it before the 6.0 release date. Once 6.0 is released, I'll be able to test directly on the live servers, so development will go much fater.

I've also been working on a new SimulationCraft parser to convert the WoD action lists into Ovale scripts. However, those scripts are optimized for level 100 characters, so no promises on how well they'll work at level 90. I'll probably just try to tweak the existing level 90 scripts to Just Work in 6.0 without any real optimization.

When I have a beta release usable for 6.0, I'll definitely post on these forums.

This script is now being included in the addon: Nerien's Ovale Scripts.

I will no longer be posting it here. People should install Nerien's, open the addon configuration, and select "Leafkiller: Feral, Guardian" from the drop down list. Then they should go into Ovale's configuration and hit the "Restore default" button.

Nerien's Ovale Scripts can be found on Curse: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/nerien-ovale-scripts

This script includes support for DoC, HotW and NV. If HotW is active and you are not in feral form, it will tell you to Wrath spam.

Exalted

Re: Experimental rotation

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:40 am

The current script here has level 90 support for DoC, but that is untested. It is working for level 85 with one proviso. The new aura tracking in Ovale is using a lot of memory. Jeshu is aware of the issue and will be discussing it with Sidione.

Both Jeshu and I can run the script with no problems, but aggixx, who is running around with 75k of addons, cannot run it.

If you have a level 90 give the script a try and let me know how the DoC stuff looks. You will also notice two extra boxes to the left. These show the damage ratio of Rake and Rip were to be updated at any given moment. To see what I mean, hit a Rake, hit SR and see how the number changes in the top left box.

The script is suggesting Thrash a lot - perhaps too much - but that is in accordance with the current simc script.

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 am

Can't wait to try it out release already!!!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Etapicx wrote:Can't wait to try it out release already!!!

You can try it out now. I used it last night with no issues, as did Jeshu. I was ok using it for 10+ minutes on the training dummies, but I have a lot of room for addon memory to grow since my addons are only consuming 15 meg right now.

I just posted about making Rip overwrites variable during BitW phase on the simc thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=817&p=8585#p8585

I am going to implement this change in the experimental script to see if it works. I will have to fake the time to die values, but that is simple for me to do. It will be interesting to test. Fortunately with the T13 gear on the 2 hit point dummies I am always in BitW after the first hit.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Ok, I have posted a rotation that has a variable refresh during BitW. It has not been simmed yet. I expect a lot of changes over the next week. There is a new Ovale release, 5.0.9, but it is still showing memory issues. Feel free to use this rotation, but if it has issues for you, then you might be better off with the level 85 script.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Regarding your comment in the script that "TF is 14% not 15%", does that mean that the damage buff is actually only 14%, not 15% like the tooltip says?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't know what that comment is referring to but it's definitely not referring to that.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:58 pm

@Leafkiller: I'm going to tag a 2.0 release of Nerien's Ovale Scripts. When you eventually check in your L90 feral script, go ahead and tag a 2.0.x release. Just want to get a release out there for Curse clients to show as a release update.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 pm

I will check in the current experimental version right now - after doing a pull and label it appropriately. The 14% refers to the rounding I am seeing, More specifically, when I hit TF, I am seeing a ratio of 114 (I multiply ratios by 100 to minimize rounding). I would have expected it to be 115 or 15%. When making comparisons, I just need to leave a little wiggle room to deal with rounding issues.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Actually, I have no idea how to tag a release. I know next to nothing about Git. I will get my script uploaded though.

Revered

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby Jeshu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:16 am

Not a problem. I did it this time, but I'll write up a small guide and send it to you so you can do it whenever you update your script and want to make a new release with it.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:41 am

Working with the script, first, I think the work around the DoC is gonna be insane
Hardly listing what wrong as I am still working on some HC achievs, but:

- Predatory Swiftness HT is sometimes not used at all, that is when we are not even close to energy cap. This happens when PS is low on time and we are low on energy/low CP (that's what It looks like to me at least)

More later.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Working with the script, first, I think the work around the DoC is gonna be insane
Hardly listing what wrong as I am still working on some HC achievs, but:

- Predatory Swiftness HT is sometimes not used at all, that is when we are not even close to energy cap. This happens when PS is low on time and we are low on energy/low CP (that's what It looks like to me at least)

More later.

It could be a gcd issue. This line is executed at the top of the script, so it is not dependent on energy/cps:

if TalentPoints(dream_of_cenarius_talent) and BuffPresent(predatory_swiftness) and BuffRemains(predatory_swiftness) <=1 and BuffExpires(dream_of_cenarius_damage)
Spell(healing_touch)

FF is also ahead of it, so that could interfere. The line is in the "AddFunction StartRotation". Try changing the value from <=1 to <=2 for BuffRemains(predatory_swiftness) and see if that helps.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:49 pm

As I discussed via BattleTag, here's a summary of what I've found with the feral script:

• Increasing PS drop threshold to 1.2 seems to reduce the chance of a PS drop.
  • Should add a conditional to PS drop that will cast it a little sooner (1.5 seconds?) if the player will not have enough energy to execute a shred before PS reaches 1 second. This should add a cushion so that player can't accidentally cast a shred right as it flips and tells them to cast HT. After implementing this the PS threshold should be reevaluated to make sure it is necessary.
  • Rake seems to acting a little funny. It does not seem to be clipping at 3 seconds correctly.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm

I have noticed while leveling that when you have shred fillers deselected (attacking from front) it still comes up with shreds under Tigers Fury.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 am

RareBeast wrote:I have noticed while leveling that when you have shred fillers deselected (attacking from front) it still comes up with shreds under Tigers Fury.

It assumes you are using Glyph of Shred for frontal bosses.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Konungr wrote:
RareBeast wrote:I have noticed while leveling that when you have shred fillers deselected (attacking from front) it still comes up with shreds under Tigers Fury.

No it doesn't! I changed that code more than 3 weeks ago ;)

He is using Glyph of Shred.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
Konungr wrote:

No it doesn't! I changed that code more than 3 weeks ago ;)

He is using Glyph of Shred.

He could be using an outdated code lol, or just using the Glyph. Either way, the glyph is the reason that it suggests Shred, hence my comment.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 pm

No Glyph of Shred. It is possible I am using an old script though. I have installed Nerien's Ovale Scripts and selected Leafkillers script in the drop down but I may have missed something (or my game crashed and reset the options). I'll investigate further once I get home from work.

Edit: Ok - just realised Nerien's requires you to reset Ovale back to the default script. I still have an old Leafkiller script in Ovale so it is defaulting to using that.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 pm

The two most recent versions of Nerien's have my latest script, so you should be fine once you select default.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 am

Found another bug

- There seems to be some little glitch in the rotation, it really rarelly happens what I can tell. I can barely say exact conditions but I should be close to.
- whole situation is about rake being suggested twice in a row within GCD with a first one being non buffed and 2nd (I am not exacly sure) TF + DOC (from late PS I think) between rake applications
- It might be DPS neutral to do so what script suggest but it feels weird to basicly repeat rake twice instead stalling the first one by miliseconds

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:20 am

Rake isn't really much worse than Shred as a filler, it does slightly less DPE but it's gives you more CP per Energy spent. It's really not a bad thing to cast it twice if you can overwrite the old one with a significantly better one.

TLDR is it's working as intended.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:40 am

Sorcerer wrote:Found another bug

- There seems to be some little glitch in the rotation, it really rarelly happens what I can tell. I can barely say exact conditions but I should be close to.
- whole situation is about rake being suggested twice in a row within GCD with a first one being non buffed and 2nd (I am not exacly sure) TF + DOC (from late PS I think) between rake applications
- It might be DPS neutral to do so what script suggest but it feels weird to basicly repeat rake twice instead stalling the first one by miliseconds

This is actually far more complex than you might think. The actual Rake logic is not checking for the existence of TF+DoC or any other buffs. It is simply measuring the % increase in overall DPS if you clip Rake in order to get more powerful ticks. The specific logic is: "if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=124 Spell(RAKE)"

Note that it is basically saying to clip Rake anytime you can get at least a 24% increase in DoT damage. Doing that is a significant dps increase.

You are asking if we can anticipate that in two GCDs Rake will get a 24+% increase in DoT damage over what it would get if we cast it now. While we can check for the number of combo points being 3, and the existence of the PS buff with DoC down, this does not guarantee that HT will be the next spell cast. We would also need to check the duration of Savage Roar and FF since those are both prioritized above HT. Then there is the question of various trinket and weapon procs which might be currently active but could fall off in the next 2 seconds.

While it may be possible to refine this situation it is not simple to do, and the frequency of it occurring is low. This leads one to believe that any fix would have a minimal dps impact. Keep in mind that the dps loss from occasionally doing a Rake a time when you could be using a Shred is not very much.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm not sure if it has any impact, but I recently fixed a bug in TimeToMaxEnergy() that was making it not work properly. The fix is in Ovale 5.0.11.

Are there any cat talents or buffs that increase or decrease energy regen (aside from haste, which is already taken into account)?

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Fair enough.

@ Leaf you mentioned that FF is prioritized over HT, it is possible to add condition to this to enable/disable? In 25man for some this can cost some DPS.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS