Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Jeshu wrote:I'm not sure if it has any impact, but I recently fixed a bug in TimeToMaxEnergy() that was making it not work properly. The fix is in Ovale 5.0.11.

Are there any cat talents or buffs that increase or decrease energy regen (aside from haste, which is already taken into account)?

Soul of the Forest doesn't boost energy regen, but it does refund up to 20 energy when a finisher is used. Nothing else other then bloodlust and the aformentioned haste boosts energy regen

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Does it subtract the refund from the cost of the finisher, or does it refund the energy after deducting the cost of the finisher.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Jeshu wrote:I'm not sure if it has any impact, but I recently fixed a bug in TimeToMaxEnergy() that was making it not work properly. The fix is in Ovale 5.0.11.

Are there any cat talents or buffs that increase or decrease energy regen (aside from haste, which is already taken into account)?

I noticed that TimeToMaxEnergy() was not working properly and changed my conditionals to stop using it (I was energy capping on a training dummy). I will check it out next time I work on the script.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Jeshu wrote:Does it subtract the refund from the cost of the finisher, or does it refund the energy after deducting the cost of the finisher.

Energy is refunded after the finisher. It is 4 energy per combo point spent.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Fair enough.

@ Leaf you mentioned that FF is prioritized over HT, it is possible to add condition to this to enable/disable? In 25man for some this can cost some DPS.

You can already toggle off FF use in the script. I generally do this in raid, but it depends on your comp. It is one of several things I plan to discuss with aggixx about the current rotation in simc. For the most part it has not be tested since the default simc profile assumes someone else is keeping the debuff up.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Oh man this whole grinding is killing my brain ;)

Anyway, I'm gonna run some fraps footage in 5mans so I can show some things I think might need tweaking as it's easier to get better info from a direct footage.

Postby mineko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Leafkiller, you mentioned that your script is now being updated through Nerien's scripts addon for Ovale. Does this mean that we just need to update the scripts addon when you release a new script, and it will automatically be the new default for feral? Just for clarity's sake.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:17 pm

mineko wrote:Leafkiller, you mentioned that your script is now being updated through Nerien's scripts addon for Ovale. Does this mean that we just need to update the scripts addon when you release a new script, and it will automatically be the new default for feral? Just for clarity's sake.

Yes :)

This will make it much easier for people to use the script going forward.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:18 am

Just to clarify, you will want to install Nerien's Ovale Scripts, and then on your druid, select Leafkiller's feral druid script as the default. Then it should automatically update whenever Leafkiller makes a new release with an updated script.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:16 am

Is NS HT at 5 CP intented following 5 CP roar and no suggested rake/rip in next 2 attacks?

To me it looks like that HT should be stalled

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:12 pm

I am also seeing cases of PS proc's going unused in the script. It may be because its on something that is about to die. I will try to grather some more data.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:I am also seeing cases of PS proc's going unused in the script. It may be because its on something that is about to die. I will try to grather some more data.

The timer is too tight for trying to catch that. aggixx suggested 1.2 seconds a few posts back. I just have not taken the time to tune the rotation yet. I will get to that in the next few days.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 am

Note to self and to aggixx:

The conditional for early Rake clipping in the Ovale script is different than simc. It will clip Rake anytime there is a >24% dps increase. In simc it is as follows:
rake,if=target.time_to_die>=8.5&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&(dot.rake.multiplier<tick_multiplier)
The Ovale conditional is:
if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=124 Spell(RAKE)

In simc, by looking for the existence of DoC, we know that we are in a high dps situation. By looking for a higher tick_multiplier, we know the current Rake does not have DoC on it. The question is, should the conditional be changed to what is in simc, should a conditional that matches simc be added to the Ovale code, or should the Ovale conditional remain unchanged? Or is there a better way - perhaps what I describe below?

We have not simmed the Ovale conditional, and probably cannot sim it fully due to limitations in the simc tick_multiplier logic but we can sim something close to it. By looking for 24+% gains for early Rake clipping we are dealing with the situation that the simc script was trying to capture - getting a DoC buff on an unbuffed Rake. We are not dealing with any situation where some other buff has just fallen off so the DoC clip would be something less than 25% (TF for example - where the Rake could be +15% and we would be clipping it to get to +25%). It is an interesting question as to what threshold of dps gain justifies an early clip. The closest thing we have to judge this is the Rake clipping we did with TF where in the past we limited it to the last 9 seconds of a Rake. This conditional is in the Ovale script but I just noticed it has a typo (probably a copy paste issue). It is:
if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 2.9) and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=114 Spell(RAKE)
but it should be something like:
if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 9) and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=114 Spell(RAKE)

The two conditionals listed above (the 24+% increase and the 14+% increase) can be expressed as a linear relationship, much like the code I put together for refreshing Rip during BitW. We would want to test the TF clip to get a lower bound (is 9 seconds still valid?*). We already know that a 25% gain justifies any amount of clipping. The math will be easy and the logic simple and I already know how to write the code once I calculate the linear constants. After I get the code put together, we can sim it and compare it to the current script at the T14N and T14H scripts. I will try to do that in the next couple of days.

As I have been writing this, I continue to believe we are better off using ratios than we would be using a specific proc like DoC since it will take into account any procs that can happen. It is simply generalizing what the simc script is doing by applying it to all procs since we already know that capturing a subset of the procs (DoC and TF) is a dps gain.

* The TF Rake clip is not in the current simc profiles. I suspect this is a dps loss - especially if someone is not using DoC. Something else that should be verified.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm

With the number of Predatory Swiftness procs we get, it seems to me that it wouldn't be that much of a DPS drop to save my NS-HT for emergency situations. Would it be possible to get a tick box to tell the script not to recommend NS-HT?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Using NS is critical for getting Rip buffed more often. While using the normal PS proc can get Rip, its not a sure thing.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 am

Ahh - true. A PS proc has to last long enough to get 5 combo points up which without TF, Beserk or high energy to start with is going to require a few crits. Not something to rely on at our current gear levels.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Leafkiller wrote:The closest thing we have to judge this is the Rake clipping we did with TF where in the past we limited it to the last 9 seconds of a Rake. This conditional is in the Ovale script but I just noticed it has a typo (probably a copy paste issue). It is:
if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 2.9) and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=114 Spell(RAKE)
but it should be something like:
if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 9) and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=114 Spell(RAKE)

When I looked at this in the past, I assumed that the 2.9 seconds was intended to clip only on the last tick of Rake.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm

I have the normal Rake clipping in a separate line. Here are my three Rake conditionals:

# clip Rake early if TF is up and rake ramining is less than 9 seconds
if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=124 Spell(RAKE)
if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 2.9) and {BuffPresent(BERSERK) or {SpellCooldown(tigers_fury) +0.8 } >=target.DebuffRemains(RAKE)} Spell(RAKE)

The second conditional is intended to replace the TF refresh code, so it should be around 9 seconds. Here is what I see for your two Rake conditionals (from the T14N/T14H rotations):

actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die>=8.5&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&(dot.rake.multiplier<tick_multiplier)
actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die>=8.5&dot.rake.remains<3.0&(buff.berserk.up|(cooldown.tigers_fury.remains+0.8)>=dot.rake.remains)

The first conditional only refreshes if it is a dps upduring DoC and has no time limits on the clip. The second conditional it the normal refresh. You aren't handling the TF case. My plan is to merge the first and second of the existing Ovale conditionals into a variable range based on how big the damage increase is. The variables will be how much we are willing to clip for different damage increases. To do this we need to establish lower an upper bounds on the clip time based on some meaningful damage increases. The obvious ones are TF (15% and DoC 25%). I would like to know if the upper bound is actually lower than 25% though. It may be that at a 20% increase, we should clip no matter how much time is left.

There is another issue that you raised in your PST to me, which has to do with clipping a Rake a little early if we have DoC up. That is not being covered in the current script you have checked in, but we can try to sim it (maybe you have already, but have not checked it in).

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Another bug:

SR is up but on short duration (but not justifying next), we have 5CP or almost, No rip on target and it suggests NS Roar instead of RIP? That is with quite some time left on roar, the logic should be tigher.

Also when Roar is on short duration between 3-5sec it will often skip suggesting HT when its available from PS.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm still seeing it often not refreshing rake until after it has entirely fallen off the target, but I can't pinpoint why exactly...

Code: Select all
    if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 2.9) and {SpellCooldown(tigers_fury) +0.8 } >=target.DebuffRemains(RAKE)
        Spell(RAKE)

That line seems like it should work... I checked if having Target Dummy checked would cause anything to go wrong but I don't see why it would.

Edit: That's not the exact line in the script, I took out the berserk check to see if it would fix anything but it didn't.

By the way, there's a major typo where you define talent heart of the wild. I have no clue why it doesn't cause a syntax error, but whatever.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm

aggixx wrote:I'm still seeing it often not refreshing rake until after it has entirely fallen off the target, but I can't pinpoint why exactly...

Code: Select all
    if TimeUntilTargetIsDead() >8.5 and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 2.9) and {SpellCooldown(tigers_fury) +0.8 } >=target.DebuffRemains(RAKE)
        Spell(RAKE)

That line seems like it should work... I checked if having Target Dummy checked would cause anything to go wrong but I don't see why it would.

Edit: That's not the exact line in the script, I took out the berserk check to see if it would fix anything but it didn't.

By the way, there's a major typo where you define talent heart of the wild. I have no clue why it doesn't cause a syntax error, but whatever.

Maybe the heart of the wild typo is not an issue since I am not using it in the script. Perhaps the Rake issue is due to low energy? Fortunately that is not devastating (compared to dropping a good Rip during BitW for instance).

Postby Cerise » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 am

Sorcerer wrote:Another bug:

SR is up but on short duration (but not justifying next), we have 5CP or almost, No rip on target and it suggests NS Roar instead of RIP? That is with quite some time left on roar, the logic should be tigher.

I keep seeing this as well. Last night it was most obvious on the second raid boss. SR with 0 cp right before pull, charge in, start building cp. At 4 cp, the script suggests NS+HT, good up to here, but after executing that, it suggests Roar. Not only does this delay getting Rip up on the target, it's completely wasting NS+HT.

I also keep seeing missed PS+HT suggestions, and worse, rapid cycling in the script between suggesting it and then not. I execute suggested PS+HT, and right when I do it, the script changes to something else, but due to human latency, you can't react to it in time anymore. Like it's laughing you in the face. "LOLOL I made you mess up your rotation". :(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:10 pm

I will see what I can do to improve things this weekend.

Postby Vail » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

I put in your script, why does it suggest bear moves while I'm feral? Is there a way to make it strictly Feral?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:44 pm

The script is spec dependent. It won't recomend any Guardian moves even in bear form if you are spec'd Feral. If you are talking about Thrash it is both a Feral and Guardian move now. If not, what moves are you talking about?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS