Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby apple » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm

First time poster here :-)

First I would like to thank you for your hard work on both the Ovale addon and the script which is really a quality of life improvement.

I would like to ask two questions/suggestions:

1) I understand that currently the script is spec dependent - would it be possible to add an "emergency" script for the cat/bearspec if they are forced into the other form (like Heart of the Wild / emergency off-tanking)?

2) Would it be possible to add a second box with an AE suggestion (Savage Roar > Thrash > Swipe > FFF I suppose)?

Thanks again for the work.

SYL

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm

apple wrote:2) Would it be possible to add a second box with an AE suggestion (Savage Roar > Thrash > Swipe > FFF I suppose)?

I'm not sure anyone would really want to bother toggling a checkbox on and off midfight, and the AoE rotation isn't exactly complicated so I'm not sure why it would really be of much benefit.

Postby apple » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Personally I am not talking about a check on/off box (that would be almost unusable infight), but simply an always-on second suggestion box for the AE suggestions.

SYL

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh sorry, I misread. I'd still stick with my second point but it's Leafkiller's script, of course.

Postby apple » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, i am a lazy person. ;-)

SYL

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I can look into the Bear emergency script for HotW. I have been VERY busy at work lately so it may not come right away, but I had wanted to put something like that together.

The AOE request could be a check box. We already do that for bear. To be honest though the AOE for Kitty isn't really that complicated. I am not sure what a script would really add. Our AOE is pretty much (SR)Thrash, Swipe, TF Swipe (SR)... I would suggest you make sure you are tracking Thrash and when it gets down to 5 seconds stop swiping and pool for the refresh. Do you feel there is a situation that the script would really help you?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Adding to what Tinder wrote, we have not put in a Bear rotation if you are feral specced, and we have not put in a cat rotation if you are Guardian specced. With MotW, I can see a Feral going bear for 45 seconds, but I think it is much rarer that a Guardian will go cat. With the way Vengeance works, it is not clear whether that would ever be a dps up.

If you are seeing it suggest bear spells, then you are in your Guardian spec.

Postby Cerise » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:09 am

You mean HotW Leaf ;)

Most of us use HotW to wrathspam, but really, don't waste your time writing that into the Ovale script. :lol:

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:28 pm

What he is asking for isn't unreasonable. When Wrath spam gets nerf'd into the ground (cause it will) HotW may be only used to save a raid. Having the rotation available for someone who doesn't tank a lot would be nice to have. I did the bear code for the script so I know how much work it will be. It's very simple compared to what Aggixx and Leaf are doing for the cat side. Like I said it may be a bit, but I will make it happen.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Since I didn't manage to get a decent spelldmg weapon on my druid before the raid, I decided to go with Dream... and good results:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4hnd8 ... 918&e=5187

Tnx for the great work on the script :)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 pm

It will get (somewhat) better soon. I am simming some improvements ;)

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:50 am

Mihir wrote:Since I didn't manage to get a decent spelldmg weapon on my druid before the raid, I decided to go with Dream... and good results:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4hnd8 ... 918&e=5187

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/y4impvy3 ... Sorcereria

Not far behind but I was thrown out of cat form like 4 times couse I didnt have properly working HT macro so the script is definetly steady. Gear exacly the same as mihir's, although looking at trinkets alchemist stone looks really strong, so does flashing steel talisman. My guess would be that some fixes in script/selfplaying around it should net around 2-3k dps at this gear level easily.

Postby Pepperbear » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 am

Thank you all so much for this wonderful script. Testing it out so far and I adore it. A couple questions for improvement on my end, however...

I am sensitive to symmetry, so I wanted to add two cooldowns on the left side (for guardian): nature's vigil/heart of the wild and symbiosis (I wonder if the different spells would cause an issue). I see heart of the wild is not "defined", but nature's vigil is. So I thought this would work...

AddIcon help=cd size=small mastery=3 checkboxon=cooldownsL {
if TalentPoints(natures_vigil_talent) Spell(natures_vigil)
}

...but it is only showing up as a blank box. I don't really understand what is necessary to have the icons show.

Any help figuring out how to fix this and set up in case I ever choose heart of the wild would be much appreciated -- plus any ideas on how to show symbiosis cooldown (exclusively elusive brew/bone shield/consecrate).

Thanks!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:13 pm

The talent for Nature's Vigil is defined in the script, but the spell for Nature's Vigil is not defined in the script. You will need to add that. Something like:

Define(natures_vigil 124974)

The one thing I am not sure of, is what the spell id for Bear form Nature's Vigil is. 124974 may be for a different form. I was about to check that just now but I got knocked off the server since the rolling restarts are currently in progress.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Damn Leaf is back to posting just before I do. I can add the requests if you like. I am not sure about the Symbiosis cooldown tracking. It may be a little complicated to do in Ovale because I think we get a specific spellID per ability we borrow instead of a general Symbiosis ID. If thats the case each ability we want would have to be called out. I will look into it when the servers come back.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:13 pm

124974 is the correct spell id.

Postby Jaymzhendo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Not really sure this is the right place to ask this so please accept my apologies ahead of time.

Has there been or will there be a fix to Ovale eating up more and more memory while in combat? I thought I had read here on the forums that there was but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,
Jaymz

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Jaymzhendo wrote:Not really sure this is the right place to ask this so please accept my apologies ahead of time.

Has there been or will there be a fix to Ovale eating up more and more memory while in combat? I thought I had read here on the forums that there was but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,
Jaymz

Not that I have seen.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Script updated. I am going to push a new release of Nerien's now. Will post when that is done. Hopefully it will play a little more smoothly now.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Ok, it has been pushed to curse, just get the latest version of Nerien's and you will have it.

Postby Loteru » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Sorcerer wrote:...but I was thrown out of cat form like 4 times couse I didnt have properly working HT macro so the script is definetly steady.

I had the same problem and found this macro posted somewhere. It's solved the problem for me.

/console autounshift 0
/cast Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

Postby Fae » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Latest update is alot more smoother besides ovale eating up memory/lua errors. One of em is http://pastebin.com/ZY1BBCNM , unsure if its from script or ovale itself.

Postby Skyscr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:52 pm

First I would like to thank you for your hard work.

And i have a request. Can you add button and option in your script with aggressive use of FB? I saw that at previous versions, but now, in early content FB isn't usefu, i think.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:36 pm

According to sims that Leaf and Aggixx have done it was found that FB used at the right points will be a higher dps even at the cost of Rip. If Rip has more then 6 seconds left FB will be suggested. I know it seems so wrong based on all previous expantions, but its the case.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 pm

It will be less aggressive if you don't take sotf...

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS