Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:15 am

Freakaleak wrote:Hey guys first off i want to say thanks for all the work that you guys put into the script I've taken a month off due to work and just downloaded the new beta version of beta of ovale with the script in it but im getting a lua error that wont go away. If any one has any info it would be a huge help thanks

Are you trying to use the default feral script in Ovale? You need to download the addon Nerien's Ovale Scripts to get my script.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:25 am

Leafkiller wrote:When I make a new version of the script to match the most recent changes I made in the simc script, I will drop in the 4.3 version of that conditional.

Thanks for the reply Leaf.

Postby Freakaleak » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 am

Yes I Downloaded Nerien's Ovale Scripts and when I use the drop down box and switch to it to your script, I then get a constant Lua Error

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Freakaleak wrote:Yes I Downloaded Nerien's Ovale Scripts and when I use the drop down box and switch to it to your script, I then get a constant Lua Error

Assuming you also have an updated Ovale, can you post what the error is? I don't see any errors when I use the script.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 pm

I just pushed Nerien Ovale Scripts version 2.0.13 with the latest changes from my sim work.

DoC still feels really awkward at times, especially when PS is running out, Rake is low, and you proc OOC.

I was definitely seeing Rake try to clip at 3 seconds if there was nothing else that was a higher priority.

Edit: make that version 2.0.14 - there was a typo in the last one.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:31 pm

2.0.15 pushed. It improves Rip on the NV/HotW profiles by protecting against the 3 second SR. Also, the energy cap for casting Rake is lowered to 60 from 70.

Postby railyth » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 am

Hey i downloaded you new addon and evrything works great. and i realy love this addon and your script. But i have one question . when u have updated the script in the addon . then i get an Update on my curse client to update the addon. when i do it . do i need to do anything to use the new updated script ? or will evrything be automaticlly fixed when im updating the addon?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 pm

You should automatically get the update. Having the script in an addon makes it easier.

Postby Bearcules » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi Leafkiller,

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere (I haven't seen it), but does your script model usage of Nature's Swiftness?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Bearcules wrote:Hi Leafkiller,

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere (I haven't seen it), but does your script model usage of Nature's Swiftness?

Yes (for DoC)

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I've noticed that sometimes after hitting Savage Roar, at the scripts request, that Ferocious Bite appears briefly in my suggestion window. It seems like for a second or so the script realises that SR is now up but hasn't yet noticed that the combo points were spent. It isn't much of an issue as hitting FB does nothing without the combo points, but it throws me off a little sometimes.

Also, the OOC thrash conditional I don't think takes in to account a situation where rip isn't up and SR is expiring soon. I *think* I have seen situations when the extra GCD spent on not getting a combo point puts me at risk of having to spend the points on SR and having rip down for the whole time it takes me to build another 5 combo points up which would seem to be significant DPS loss. It may just be me and it may be too rare an occurrence for it to be an issue.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Would it be possible to add support for Symbiosis: Spirit Wolves? It's not something I'd recommend as a Symbiosis target in most cases but the usage for it isn't very complicated (just throw it at the bottom of the action list) and it would help get in the hang of using it.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:16 pm

RareBeast wrote:I've noticed that sometimes after hitting Savage Roar, at the scripts request, that Ferocious Bite appears briefly in my suggestion window. It seems like for a second or so the script realises that SR is now up but hasn't yet noticed that the combo points were spent. It isn't much of an issue as hitting FB does nothing without the combo points, but it throws me off a little sometimes.

Also, the OOC thrash conditional I don't think takes in to account a situation where rip isn't up and SR is expiring soon. I *think* I have seen situations when the extra GCD spent on not getting a combo point puts me at risk of having to spend the points on SR and having rip down for the whole time it takes me to build another 5 combo points up which would seem to be significant DPS loss. It may just be me and it may be too rare an occurrence for it to be an issue.

We tried moving the OOC Thrash lower in priority but it sims as a dps loss. Use your judgement on that.

I cannot do anything about the FB flashing up - that is an Ovale issue. It is surprising that it is happening because Ovale should know ahead of time what is going to happen with combo points.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Oh also, currently Tricks of the Trade is not accounted for in damage calculations.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:17 am

aggixx wrote:Would it be possible to add support for Symbiosis: Spirit Wolves? It's not something I'd recommend as a Symbiosis target in most cases but the usage for it isn't very complicated (just throw it at the bottom of the action list) and it would help get in the hang of using it.

Is Feral Spirit supported in simulationcraft? I have it working at the bottom of the script, but most of the time it goes by really quickly. I am wondering if it should be prioritized a little higher.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:28 am

aggixx wrote:Oh also, currently Tricks of the Trade is not accounted for in damage calculations.

I think I need Jeshu to help on this one as it needs to be added to LastSpellEstimatedDamage and/or tracked separately. It is certainly easy to calculate (15% buff for 6 seconds).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 am

Leafkiller wrote:Is Feral Spirit supported in simulationcraft? I have it working at the bottom of the script, but most of the time it goes by really quickly. I am wondering if it should be prioritized a little higher.

It is, but the damage scaling was never actually set and they do way too much damage. As far as I know enh shamans had it at the bottom of their priority list for a while just because of the long cooldown, you're unlikely to get extra uses if you use it the second it's up every time.

Postby Klötenpeter » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 am

A little off topic, but do you consider adding configuration options for the Cooldown Boxes? I really liked the enabling/disabling/moving of these boxes during the Cataclysm releases.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 am

Klötenpeter wrote:A little off topic, but do you consider adding configuration options for the Cooldown Boxes? I really liked the enabling/disabling/moving of these boxes during the Cataclysm releases.

That added a lot of extra code to maintain and a lot of extra options that obscured the other checkboxes. Personally I swapped over to Droodfocus for cooldown tracking.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am

aggixx wrote:
Leafkiller wrote:Is Feral Spirit supported in simulationcraft? I have it working at the bottom of the script, but most of the time it goes by really quickly. I am wondering if it should be prioritized a little higher.

It is, but the damage scaling was never actually set and they do way too much damage. As far as I know enh shamans had it at the bottom of their priority list for a while just because of the long cooldown, you're unlikely to get extra uses if you use it the second it's up every time.

Well, I have it working, but it is not very impressive. I think you could do better with a Weak Aura that would always be visible. Speaking of which, how does Weak Auras work if you give it the Symbiosis spell id, versus the spell id of the specific spell (such as Feral Spirit: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110807 )?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:33 am

Hard to say, I've tried to do cooldown tracking of things like Bone Shield with WeakAuras, but obviously the hard part is finding someone who can sit around while I test to see if it works. So far everything I have tried hasn't worked.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Just crossed my mind and I swear it was overlooked in simcraft.

Nature's Vigil PS proc HT heals deal dmg. This probably would push it a bit forward unless it is already accounted.
Using PS procs during Berserk time is a DPS loss almost sure, at least in my gear (481) I have so much energy flowing.

Could this be added to the script Leaf? I guess 2 conditionals would probably be enough.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
aggixx wrote:Oh also, currently Tricks of the Trade is not accounted for in damage calculations.

I think I need Jeshu to help on this one as it needs to be added to LastSpellEstimatedDamage and/or tracked separately. It is certainly easy to calculate (15% buff for 6 seconds).

I'll take a look. I think I saw Tricks of the Trade logic in Ovale, but perhaps it was only for the rogue who cast it.

UPDATE: After some investigation, Ovale understands that when you have buff ID 57933 (Tricks of the Trade) on you, then your damage is increased by 15%. It looks like it's already taken into account.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Using PS procs during Berserk time is a DPS loss almost sure, at least in my gear (481) I have so much energy flowing.

It actually was a loss when I made it not use HT during berserks.

Jeshu wrote:I'll take a look. I think I saw Tricks of the Trade logic in Ovale, but perhaps it was only for the rogue who cast it.

UPDATE: After some investigation, Ovale understands that when you have buff ID 57933 (Tricks of the Trade) on you, then your damage is increased by 15%. It looks like it's already taken into account.

Oh, well in that case... bravo. I don't recall reading anything about TotT last I read through the code so I figured it wasn't implemented but I guess that was an incorrect assumption.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Just crossed my mind and I swear it was overlooked in simcraft.

Nature's Vigil PS proc HT heals deal dmg. This probably would push it a bit forward unless it is already accounted.
Using PS procs during Berserk time is a DPS loss almost sure, at least in my gear (481) I have so much energy flowing.

Could this be added to the script Leaf? I guess 2 conditionals would probably be enough.

I won't add it until it has been simmed. The damage from NV heals is 25% of the "healing done." I don't know if there is anything in Simulationcraft to support this. I think my HTs will be about 120k with NV up.

@aggixx - do you know if the healing dps from NV is covered?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS