Register

Best time to pop nature's swiftness?

Face-rippin fun.

Best time to pop nature's swiftness?

Postby Bearcules » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone done any modelling on best practices for using Nature's Swiftness with Dream of Cenarius? I did a search on the forums but didn't see anything. I'm curious if I should simply be popping it contemporaneously with Berserk or if there are other uses that are preferred.

Thanks,

Bearcules

Exalted

Re: Best time to pop nature's swiftness?

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm

We have NS twice in the sim script. During BitW we use it as follows:
actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25

The intent is to try and get a stronger Rip on the target to keep rolling with FB refreshes.

The other NS is prior to BitW as follows:
actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&dot.rip.remains<3&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)&target.health.pct>25

This is trying to get an extra DoCed Rip.

Postby Bearcules » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Leafkiller wrote:We have NS twice in the sim script. During BitW we use it as follows:
actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25

The intent is to try and get a stronger Rip on the target to keep rolling with FB refreshes.

The other NS is prior to BitW as follows:
actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&dot.rip.remains<3&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)&target.health.pct>25

This is trying to get an extra DoCed Rip.

Nice! Quick question on the modeling, though. Shouldn't the number of combo points be >=4? That way you pop NS, HOT, Rake, then Rip?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 pm

There is no guarantee on Rake needing DoC at that moment. If it is, you will get it with a Rip then Rake for the 2 DoC charges. aggixx actually did the modeling on NS, so can better speak to the dps difference, but I can guarantee he tried both.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 pm

I actually didn't try both because there wasn't really a reason to. The problem with the sim is that for NS+HT Rips it basically tries to say "If I were to cast a HT right now, would I still want to cast Rip afterwards?" the problem is that sometimes things can change from when you executed the HT and when you're actually able to do the rip, so there is a small "failure rate" involved. When you start using NS at 4 combo points and add an additional GCD to the whole situation that failure rate would go up significantly.

It's much easier, for the sim at least, to just use the NS at 5 CP and then rake after the rip.

Postby Gurrshael » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:40 am

If you use it with 4CPs, you sometimes miss the Rake/Shred which eats up one charge of DoC. That leaves you at 4CPs with just one charge left = the finisher is not buffed. It's really safer to cast it at 5CPs...

Return to Kitty DPS