Heart of the Wild and Wrath

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Heart of the Wild and Wrath

Postby Viray » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 am

I did that on my both kills, here's the latest log:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0vun ... 04#Maelcum

Our kills were a bit messy tbh. We've founded a new raiding group and we've got 4 temporary members who need to be replaced, so it kinda hampers our progression ATM...
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today - and it won't be you.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:11 pm

The HotW nerf hits today. I would not suggest using HotW on Elegon tonight and expect to beat any #1 ranks.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm

# viray

Kinda blew it, we had so much DPS the boss died before 2nd HoTW was ready ;) No WoL for me :P

Honored

Postby Viray » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 am

I'd say better luck next time, but there won't be next time this time :P

Postby Offbalance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:00 am

Quick question(s), Can anyone tell me it HotW will still be worth using? I could care less about the Wrath spam aspect but more of the actual Tank/Heals assist that it should provide. Will it hurt my DPS that much if I don't take DoC? I dont care about getting ranks on WoL or anything but at the same time I dont wanna be that guy getting carried.

In short, how much of a dps loss (theory/simcraft/w/e) is the agi bonus from HotW(w/o wrathspam) vs DoC?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 am

On paper, you lose a bit more than 3% DPS single target. In practice it's probably slightly less.

Honored

Postby Viray » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 am

And what about NV macro'ed with Berserk + TF + trinkets + potions + whatnot? Maybe it'd be more beneficial than the static 6% agi buff?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 am

It's pretty similar.

Leafkiller wrote:Updated numbers:
NV - 117357 error 36.86
HotW - 117004.1 error 33.96 (passive only)
DoC - 121631.5 error 37.17

So DoC is up by 350, NV by 600 and HotW by 650.

This puts NV 3.5% behind DoC and HotW passive 3.8% behind DoC.

Honored

Postby Viray » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:09 am

Then I guess this puts NV over HotW at the moment, when you consider extra heals. Thanks for the numbers :)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

Viray wrote:Then I guess this puts NV over HotW at the moment, when you consider extra heals. Thanks for the numbers :)

It is somewhat fight specific since NV is based on spike damage on a 3 minute cooldown while HotW is continuous damage and not impacted as much by small interruptions.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 am

Tinderhoof wrote:The HotW nerf hits today. I would not suggest using HotW on Elegon tonight and expect to beat any #1 ranks.

Just curious if any of you have tested HotW post-nerf on a training dummy. I made the Inscribed Crane Staff this evening, and spent 45 seconds nuking a training dummy with Wrath spam. While the dps is not as insane as it once was, it was about 30% higher than my sustained dps in feral form. Line that up with heroism (which will benefit Wrath spam more than feral) and DoC is very close in DPS to DoC, especially with the most recent HotW rotation since it closed the gap between passive HotW and DoC to less than 4% (from 7+% before we optimized for HotW).

Postby Gurrshael » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:40 am

Leafkiller wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:The HotW nerf hits today. I would not suggest using HotW on Elegon tonight and expect to beat any #1 ranks.

Just curious if any of you have tested HotW post-nerf on a training dummy. I made the Inscribed Crane Staff this evening, and spent 45 seconds nuking a training dummy with Wrath spam. While the dps is not as insane as it once was, it was about 30% higher than my sustained dps in feral form. Line that up with heroism (which will benefit Wrath spam more than feral) and DoC is very close in DPS to DoC, especially with the most recent HotW rotation since it closed the gap between passive HotW and DoC to less than 4% (from 7+% before we optimized for HotW).

I was getting about 10-15% better dps with DoC. I can see it HotW getting closer to DoC when lined up with heroism & agi pot.

Honored

Postby Viray » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 am

I just did a simple check on dummy and without any potions/flask/external buffs but with a swapped weapon I've pulled 63k (with one windsong & searing words proc). I'm thinking about going that way, even after the nerf tbh.

Postby Offbalance » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:25 am

aggixx wrote:On paper, you lose a bit more than 3% DPS single target. In practice it's probably slightly less.

Postby Bethany » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Haven't had much time to play with DoC but here's my log from 25m normal Elegon with the nerfed HotW - no weapon swapping and bad thrash/rip uptime

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y ... 255&e=9801

Postby Abranor » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Leafkiller wrote:...especially with the most recent HotW rotation since it closed the gap between passive HotW and DoC to less than 4% (from 7+% before we optimized for HotW).

When you say this, you mean the latest rotation as produced with Nerien's Ovale Scripts?

TBH I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by DoC. Especially on target switching fights. We had our first raid as a guild this week and was completely demoralized on The Stone Guard fight. I know that is far from an optimal fight for us, but it was a rough night and had me second guessing my Druid as main choice this xpac.

Edit: I don't mind working a bit to get my DPS, I'm not looking to face roll, for me personally its just a bit much. I know this is what some people love about the class.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Abranor wrote:
Leafkiller wrote:...especially with the most recent HotW rotation since it closed the gap between passive HotW and DoC to less than 4% (from 7+% before we optimized for HotW).

When you say this, you mean the latest rotation as produced with Nerien's Ovale Scripts?

Assuming you use the drop down on Nerien's and select my Ovale script, then yes, it matches the recent improvements to the simc script (posted here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=879 ). The previous simc scripts had not been optimized for HotW since the focus was on DoC. If you look at that post you will see that the most recent work is some small improvements to the NV rotation which I will be rolling into the next version of my script (look for a new version of Nerien's hopefully some time this weekend).

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS