Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 pm

aggixx wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:Using PS procs during Berserk time is a DPS loss almost sure, at least in my gear (481) I have so much energy flowing.

It actually was a loss when I made it not use HT during berserks.

Are you referring to DoC or NV?

Getting back to the NV discussion. If we HT during NV outside of Berserk, that is a 15 second window once every 3 minutes. Assumming we only did this while pooling energy, which is once every 15 seconds, this is at most 1 or 2 HTs, and pooling energy during NV may be a dps loss if you waste any of the 20% buff.

It is worth asking if the NV rotation can be improved. I have not worked on it specifically, although most of my changes do apply to it.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Editing because my napkin math was wrong when I posted this:
I implemented logic to cast HT during NV while energy pooling, which happens after Berserk finishes. This is the conditional I used:
actions+=/healing_touch,if=buff.natures_vigil.up&buff.predatory_swiftness.up&!buff.berserk.up

It is the last thing in the script so it only runs when nothing else is going on.

I ran a 10,000 iteration simulation. Looking in the "Abilities" section, it reports an average of 4.5 HTs per fight (this is a 450 second fight with 20% variation in fight length). The total healing is reported as 366487. The damage done by NV's healing is 20% of that or 73297 damage. Dividing that by 450 seconds gives 163dps, so it is a .14% dps increase to use HT during NV (outside of Berserk).

I will make that conditional a permanent part of my simc script and will also add it to my Ovale script (although it is a small number). At some point I will ask about getting NV healing damage added to simc, but it won't be a high priority given how small the contribution is.

Postby Kihrawr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:29 pm

The script appears to be bugged with Faerie Swarm. It seems to think the ability has no CD, so it suggests it even when you can't cast it. Presumably this is just a matter of making sure the Faerie Fire code works for Faerie Swarm as well.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
aggixx wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:Using PS procs during Berserk time is a DPS loss almost sure, at least in my gear (481) I have so much energy flowing.

It actually was a loss when I made it not use HT during berserks.

Are you referring to DoC or NV?

Getting back to the NV discussion. If we HT during NV outside of Berserk, that is a 15 second window once every 3 minutes. Assumming we only did this while pooling energy, which is once every 15 seconds, this is at most 1 or 2 HTs, and pooling energy during NV may be a dps loss if you waste any of the 20% buff.

It is worth asking if the NV rotation can be improved. I have not worked on it specifically, although most of my changes do apply to it.

DoC, HTing during Berserk for NV would be a loss for sure (unless you emptied your energy pool somehow).

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:50 am

I edited my post about NV testing because I blew it when interpreting the data. Here is a link to the post:
posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=857#pr9152

It looks like opportunistic use of HT during NV after Berserk is finished is a small dps up.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:34 am

@ Agixx was all about NV :)

Anyway, I am sitting on Gara HC for quite a while, the DPS results with NV spec are pretty shocking compared to DoC (But I did very little testing with new gear) on NV plus, this is with pull BL.
1 try I was at 99k DPS till 45% when we wiped. Rest pretty decent 90k+ thats without entering spirit realm.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 am

I have been working on improving Ovale's performance for the past week or so. The latest version 5.0.18 has made script compilation much more efficient and should hopefully be avoiding the "script ran too long error".

There is one problem that I haven't been able to track down, and I wonder if it has to do with being a higher level druid than my level 85. The errors that have been reported in the Ovale ticket system show that Ovale is being asked to compile the script during combat. Two different users have said that it seems to happen whenever Tiger's Fury is pressed. However, I can't reproduce on my 85 druid, so I need to rely on external testers.

If you are able to test on a 90 druid, please do the following:

1. Install Ovale 5.0.18.
  2. Type this command into the chat window: /ovale toggledebug compile
  3. Attack a training dummy and following Leafkiller's script, try to correlate spells or procs withthe extra lines of output appearing in your chat window.

The "toggledebug <flag>" command is new and tells Ovale to print out extra debugging statements to the chat window that have been tagged with the "compile" flag. Right now, those statements are in all of the places that Ovale generates a request to compile the script again. You can toggle off those debugging statements by simply typing in that same command again.

My guess is that a proc happens which causes a temporary change to a spell in the spellbook, which you should see as a "SPELLS_CHANGED" event, followed by a "quick compile". If I could get some information as to what spells or procs cause that to happen, that would help me to solve this bug once and for all.

After this bug is fixed, I'm going to turn my attention to the very high memory usage by Ovale. I don't think it's a memory leak from my inspection of the code. It just looks like very aggressive use of temporary tables, which takes a while for the Lua garbage collector to clear up.

Postby Gurrshael » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Jeshu wrote:
My guess is that a proc happens which causes a temporary change to a spell in the spellbook, which you should see as a "SPELLS_CHANGED" event, followed by a "quick compile". If I could get some information as to what spells or procs cause that to happen, that would help me to solve this bug once and for all.

It's just a wild guess based on your guess, but with Glyph of Shred Tiger's Fury and Berserk change Shred into Shred! which does not have the positional requirement. They appear as different spells on Word of Logs. Couldn't that be the cause?

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Quick request to have Stampede added back in (its the PvP 4 set bonus). My current gear has 4 pieces of PvP gear so it'd be nice to have it in the script. I understand that it'll be low priority as i'll be in the minority.

Postby Aretos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm running V5.05.8, glyph of savagery installed, and I never get a suggestion of SR anymore. It shows up in one of the long cd boxes on the right, but it's never suggested as part of the rotation.

Am I supposed to just hit SR whenever it runs out? I remember SR being part of the suggested rotation in an earlier version.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:04 am

Aretos wrote:I'm running V5.05.8, glyph of savagery installed, and I never get a suggestion of SR anymore. It shows up in one of the long cd boxes on the right, but it's never suggested as part of the rotation.

Am I supposed to just hit SR whenever it runs out? I remember SR being part of the suggested rotation in an earlier version.

Make sure you have an unmacroed version of Savage Roar on any hotbar, or it won't work right.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:19 am

ShmooDude wrote:
Aretos wrote:I'm running V5.05.8, glyph of savagery installed, and I never get a suggestion of SR anymore. It shows up in one of the long cd boxes on the right, but it's never suggested as part of the rotation.

Make sure you have an unmacroed version of Savage Roar on any hotbar, or it won't work right.

What version of Ovale? That issue should have been fixed. Nonetheless, it sounds like the one where you don't have SR on a bar so that might fix it. It is certainly not a script issue.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 am

ShmooDude wrote:Quick request to have Stampede added back in (its the PvP 4 set bonus). My current gear has 4 pieces of PvP gear so it'd be nice to have it in the script. I understand that it'll be low priority as i'll be in the minority.

Hmm...I wouldn't even know where to put that now. Are you using 4 piece PvP gear for PvE?

Honored

Postby Terias » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:35 am

I was also wondering how much dps 4 piece pvp would add to the rotation - I was thinking it might be worth wearing the epic pvp pieces over the 489 if provides a substantial boost.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 am

@aggixx - any idea if the 4 pieve pvp set bonus is implemented in simulationcraft? It is certainly different than anything we have had before...

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 am

Leafkiller wrote:@aggixx - any idea if the 4 pieve pvp set bonus is implemented in simulationcraft? It is certainly different than anything we have had before...

It is. For a while I had some conditions in the action list to use it specifically but I think they got removed at some point because the incarnation lines cover it fine more or less.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 am

Terias wrote:I was also wondering how much dps 4 piece pvp would add to the rotation - I was thinking it might be worth wearing the epic pvp pieces over the 489 if provides a substantial boost.

I just simmed it, and I can say that the PvP 4 piece bonus is very strong (about 3.6% DPS gain). I ran a sim of a normal MV BiS versus the same set but with the best 4 PvP pieces used (4pc + Galleon Helm) and the PvP set came out behind by 100 DPS.

I imagine as soon as you get 2 heroic raid or 4 set tier pieces (or 2pc tier + a heroic piece) in the set slots the PvP 4 set is definitely going to be useless. It could take you a while to complete a 4 set of conquest gear but if you're not going to be doing heroic mode raids anytime soon it's probably worth it.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

ShmooDude wrote:Quick request to have Stampede added back in (its the PvP 4 set bonus). My current gear has 4 pieces of PvP gear so it'd be nice to have it in the script. I understand that it'll be low priority as i'll be in the minority.

Can you verify what spellid is coming up for the Stampede proc (assuming that is what it is being called)?

Also, when you cast Ravage, is it Ravage or "Ravage!"? The spellid would also be helpful.

Postby Aretos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 pm

What version of Ovale? That issue should have been fixed. Nonetheless, it sounds like the one where you don't have SR on a bar so that might fix it. It is certainly not a script issue.

Ovale 5.0.19 - I had Ovale set on Release in Curse Client, now I've switched to Alpha.

The fix worked for me. Thanks a lot, now I can look down upon our hunter again. :)

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Leafkiller wrote:

Can you verify what spellid is coming up for the Stampede proc (assuming that is what it is being called)?

Also, when you cast Ravage, is it Ravage or "Ravage!"? The spellid would also be helpful.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81022 is the buff you get when Ravage is able to be used (has no duration).

There's also http://www.wowhead.com/spell=131538 which counts down how long till you can use ravage again (30 second duration).

It shows up as "Ravage!" in the combat log.

I'm assuming those are the two correct buff spell IDs as they're the only ones whose icons match.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Jeshu wrote:I have been working on improving Ovale's performance for the past week or so. The latest version 5.0.18 has made script compilation much more efficient and should hopefully be avoiding the "script ran too long error".

Things that cause "SPELL_CHANGED" and "quick compile":
Cat Form
Canceling Cat Form (cancelform)
Weapon Swap
TF and Berserk iff you are using GoShred (once when cast, once when buff expires)
Incarnation: King of the Jungle (twice in succession, and once when the buff expires)

Jeshu wrote:After this bug is fixed, I'm going to turn my attention to the very high memory usage by Ovale. I don't think it's a memory leak from my inspection of the code. It just looks like very aggressive use of temporary tables, which takes a while for the Lua garbage collector to clear up.

That is pretty consistent with what I saw where the memory would go up and then come down even during combat. I am pretty sure it is one of the new routines we are using for calculating the spell damage ratios. If it is simply a case of temporary tables then you can easily fix that by statically allocating the tables (perhaps the first time the subroutine is called).

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Leafkiller wrote:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81022 is the buff you get when Ravage is able to be used (has no duration).

There's also http://www.wowhead.com/spell=131538 which counts down how long till you can use ravage again (30 second duration).

It shows up as "Ravage!" in the combat log.

I'm assuming those are the two correct buff spell IDs as they're the only ones whose icons match.

Elvui displays spell ids in the tooltips of the buffs. Alternatively, the addon idTip will also add the spell id to the tooltip. idTip is available on Curse, but is has not been updated since 4.3, so it might not work (it will be pretty obvious). For the Ravage!, if you turn on logging and then examine the combat log that is saved, you can see what the spell id is. To toggle combat logging on/off, just type "/combatlog"

Since I don't have 4 piece pvp gear, I am going to have to rely on you to verify any code I put in, so getting the spellids correct will shorten the process.

Basically, I plan to add the following to the code:

#defines for 4 piece
Define(RAVAGEBANG 102545)
SpellInfo(RAVAGEBANG inccounter=ripshreds energy=0 combo=1)

Define(STAMPEDEBUFF 81022)
SpellAddBuff(STAMPEDEBUFF STAMPEDEBUFF=1)

# use Ravage! before other fillers since it is free
if BuffPresent(STAMPEDEBUFF) Spell(RAVAGEBANG)

In order for this code to work, I need to be sure that 81022 is the spellid for the buff you get when you can cast the free Ravage, and also that 102545 is the spell id for Ravage! (this is different than what it used to be).

Edit: I might be able to simplify the code to just "Spell(RAVAGEBANG)" but I am not sure if that is more or less efficient for Ovale.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:55 pm

#defines for 4 piece
Define(RAVAGEBANG 102545)
SpellInfo(RAVAGEBANG inccounter=ripshreds energy=0 combo=1)

Define(STAMPEDEBUFF 81022)
SpellAddBuff(STAMPEDEBUFF STAMPEDEBUFF=1)

# use Ravage! before other fillers since it is free
if BuffPresent(STAMPEDEBUFF) Spell(RAVAGEBANG)

I plugged this in to your current script and it works.

Combat log verifies that 102545 is correct.
idTip verifies that 81022 is also correct.

Postby Mathoran » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:51 pm

A few pages back you said using FB at the cost of rip uptime was a dps gain. What kinds of rip uptimes should we be seeing when following the script with current gear? It just feels like rip uptime is too low atm.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:43 pm

With regard to Savage Roar not showing up unless you have a non-macroed version on your bars somewhere, I had this same issue. Everything had been working fine previously and I haven't moved anything around on my bars so I am pretty sure this problem was re-introduced with one of the ovale upgrades.

Not a big issue as the fix is so easy, but it may cause issues for new users. (not that this is the place to report Ovale bugs)

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS