Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Is casting trash condition different for

Sotf + NV
Sotf + DoC ?

I havent seen trash for sotf + NV for quite a while at all.

Almost ranked 4th for Gara HC. I let buffed Rip drop at 9% somehow. :shock:

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Is casting trash condition different for

Sotf + NV
Sotf + DoC ?

I havent seen trash for sotf + NV for quite a while at all.

Almost ranked 4th for Gara HC. I let buffed Rip drop at 9% somehow. :shock:

Here are the Thrash conditionals:
if BuffPresent(CLEARCASTING) and TargetDebuffExpires(THRASHCAT 3) and BuffExpires(dream_of_cenarius_damage) Spell(THRASHCAT)
if ComboPoints() >= 5 and target.DebuffRemains(THRASHCAT) < 6 Spell(THRASHCAT)

It should be the same for all specs since the DoC test looks for the absence of a buff.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:51 am

I will reinstall ovale + narien's later to see if it will show trash again.

But like, by going standard math logic shouldnt conditional
and BuffExpires(dream_of_cenarius_damage) imply that it could suggest trash only if DoC buff did expire, and since it cant expire in NV spec it wont suggest it?

Idk if the code recognizes "OR" or others :P Maybe slowly I will learn the code finnaly.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:18 am

Ovale interprets "BuffExpires(dream_of_cenarius_damage)" as the absence of the buff.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 am

Note, psuman99 pointed out to me that I used 20% for the amount of damage that NV heals do when the actual number is 25% so the damage contribution is higher than what I initially posted. Also, for those who have not followed the discussion in the "Experimental Rotation" thread, the number is also higher because NS allows more HTs to be cast. I also found an issue with some DoC code spilling over into the NV and HotW rotations that I have been working on a fix for (taking it out was not sufficient because it was helping SotF). This is also discussed in the "Experimental Rotation" thread and my current fix also increases the number of HTs.

Using the most recent version of the sim script that includes Healing Touch and Nature's Swiftness during Nature's Vigil, and fixing the DoC code referenced above, I calculate a 407dps increase for NV.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 am

Doesnt it put DoC vs NV rotation pretty much within margin of DPS error?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Doesnt it put DoC vs NV rotation pretty much within margin of DPS error?

No.

Postby Pheratia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 pm

the latest version never suggests mangle with glyph of shred and frontal attack checked

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Missed a zero ;X

Anyway, Leaf. Cleaned Ovale/Nerien's completly, reinstall with WTF files dump.

No thrash suggestions still.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Pheratia wrote:the latest version never suggests mangle with glyph of shred and frontal attack checked

It works perfectly for me. Make sure that Mangle is on one of your action bars.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Missed a zero ;X

Anyway, Leaf. Cleaned Ovale/Nerien's completly, reinstall with WTF files dump.

No thrash suggestions still.

I see them all the time. Make sure that Thrash is on your action bars.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Kihrawr wrote:The script appears to be bugged with Faerie Swarm. It seems to think the ability has no CD, so it suggests it even when you can't cast it. Presumably this is just a matter of making sure the Faerie Fire code works for Faerie Swarm as well.

Just wanted to let you know I did not forget about this. It will be fixed in my next release.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:44 pm

I just pushed a new version (Nerien's 2.0.16).

It has support for Feral Spirits, Faerie Swarm, HT/NS for NV, TTD and Thrash changes per the latest sim script and improved pooling logic for non-DoC specs. I played around with all three specs on a training dummy and really liked what I was seeing with NV. You have to be quick with the HT, and often you will get NS immediately after HT (which makes sense since it is using a PS for the first HT). Most of the time I got two HTs in which is consistent with the simc numbers (7.65 HTs for 3 NVs - it only calls for the HTs after Berserk drops off).

It also has support for Stampede/Ravage!. If you have 4 piece pvp gear, please check that out and let me know how it is working.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm

I've released a new version of Ovale 5.0.21 that adds a warning for unrecognized spell IDs used in the script. This caught an error in Leafkiller's current script, there is a reference to "tigers_fury" that's probably a copy-and-paste error.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 am

Jeshu wrote:I've released a new version of Ovale 5.0.21 that adds a warning for unrecognized spell IDs used in the script. This caught an error in Leafkiller's current script, there is a reference to "tigers_fury" that's probably a copy-and-paste error.

I believe that is the the cause of an issue with Rake refresh that aggixx has reported. Thanks for letting me know.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:33 am

I'm not insane, hooray!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 am

I pushed a change, but it has not shown up yet :/ If it does not show up soon, I will push it again.

Edit - going to push anyways because I left out the comment.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:39 am

Pushed. The latest version is now 2.0.19.

Postby Jinks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:08 am

After respeccing into Faerie Swarm, I keep seeing it suggested in the rotation for seconds at a time, even if I reapply it. Any suggestions?

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:30 am

Jeshu wrote:I've released a new version of Ovale 5.0.21 that adds a warning for unrecognized spell IDs used in the script. This caught an error in Leafkiller's current script, there is a reference to "tigers_fury" that's probably a copy-and-paste error.

I've noticed that sometimes TF is being ignored when Berserk is up. Is this perhaps the cause of this issue (and is it fixed in 2.0.19?)?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 am

Alpheus wrote:

I've noticed that sometimes TF is being ignored when Berserk is up. Is this perhaps the cause of this issue (and is it fixed in 2.0.19?)?

If you select the display Berserk option the script will show Berserk in place of TF if both are off of cool down. You should have TF macroed into Berserk, so there is no reason to show both. That is a feature, not a bug.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 am

Jinks wrote:After respeccing into Faerie Swarm, I keep seeing it suggested in the rotation for seconds at a time, even if I reapply it. Any suggestions?

First off, if you keep seeing FF called for, it is likely someone else is applying the debuff, even on a training dummy. Just click off the FF checkbox and let the other person worry about it.

I did address an issue today where the cool down of Faerie Swarm was being ignored. Make sure you update Nerien's addon.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 am

Leafkiller wrote:
Alpheus wrote:

If you select the display Berserk option the script will show Berserk in place of TF if both are off of cool down. You should have TF macroed into Berserk, so there is no reason to show both. That is a feature, not a bug.

Ah cheers, was not aware of that.

Postby Cerise » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:08 am

Leafkiller wrote:Pushed. The latest version is now 2.0.19.

The latest version I've been able to download from Curse is 2.0.18. (Beta releases enabled.) Did your push go through?

Postby Pheratia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 am

it's there if you go to "other downloads" at the addon page, but for some reason shows lower in the list than .18

Leafkiller wrote:
Pheratia wrote:the latest version never suggests mangle with glyph of shred and frontal attack checked

It works perfectly for me. Make sure that Mangle is on one of your action bars.
that worked, thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS