Register

Wild Charge Macro Issues

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Wild Charge Macro Issues

Postby Silasthebear » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Hey Guys,

First off these forums are great! love all the Furry Hugging talk here. I'm trying to set up a macro for Wild Charge so that when I'm stealthed it will charge then cast Ravage, and if unstealthed will charge and then cast Shred. The below macro displays the correct tool tip however by passes Wild Charge and Continues to try and cast the second spell in the sequence. Take a look;

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15 Wild Charge, [stealth] Ravage; Shred;

Seems whenever I put conditions on the second spell in the list it almost entirely bypasses Wild Charge as if its not even in the cast sequence, As of now the only thing that I can get working is below

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15 Wild Charge, Ravage;

I use this macro when engaging packs in PVE ill pre buff DoC with HT stealth SR/TF Charge Ravage and end up getting about 140k Ravage off on the boss or first trash mob giving a nice 2 cp to start off with.

I plan on extending this macro to utilize targeting of friendly players and shifting out to take advantage of the caster version of wild charge but would like to get this working first. Hoping there is a smart Macro Guru out there that can help. My google searches haven't been helpful at all.

Exalted

Re: Wild Charge Macro Issues

Postby aggixx » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:00 pm

The castsequence command only takes one set of conditionals for the entire sequence, not per command.
/castsequence options resetcondition spelllist

You probably have to do something like this:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [stealth, harm] reset=15 Wild Charge, Ravage
/castsequence [nostealth, harm] reset=15 Wild Charge, Shred

Also note that Wild Charge is off the GCD so you don't actually have to cast sequence it all unless you want to make sure it's only casting shred/ravage once per wild charge use.

Postby Silasthebear » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:48 pm

wasn't aware of that for castsequence thanks so much ill give this a shot

Postby Silasthebear » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Posting this for anyone who might think it useful

I expanded my macro a bit, It will now charge Shred/Ravage based on stealth/unstealthed or if you have a friendly target it will shift you out and charge to there location. Also Holding Alt will charge your focus target useful if you focus a healer in situational fights like elegon. If anyone has a way of condensing it let me know would like to add some bear utility to it but currently at the max character limit.

#showtooltip
/target [mod:alt,@focus]
/castsequence [nostealth,harm,stance:3] reset=15 Wild Charge, Shred;
/castsequence [stealth,harm,stance:3] reset=15 Wild Charge, Ravage;
/cancelform [@target,exists,help,stance:1/3/4]
/cast [stance:0] Wild Charge

One other thing. If you don't have a target and are in catform it wont show a tooltip. Only thing I don't have room to fix.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 pm

A couple things you can use to save space:
  • Use tar as an alias for target.
  • Use "form" instead of stance.
  • You never need a space after a set of brackets or after a comma.
  • The semi-colon on the end of the castsequence lines is superfluous.
  • "help" implies "exist" because the target must exist for the target to be friendly, so you never need to define both as conditionals.
  • Use "use" as an alias to cast (doesn't work for castsequences) to save space.
  • If you're specifically trying to cancel all forms but a certain, you can use "noform:x" instead of "form:x/x/x". If you want to exit form regardless of form there's no reason to check if you're form at all; if you're not in a form that line will just silently fail.

After you fix all those things you have enough space left to fix your tooltip problem.
#showtooltip
/tar [mod:alt,@focus]
/castsequence [nostealth,harm,form:3]reset=15 Wild Charge,Shred
/castsequence [stealth,harm,form:3]reset=15 Wild Charge,Ravage
/cancelform [help]
/use [form:0]Wild Charge

I would probably go about it by just setting it to show the tooltip of Wild Charge at all times (#showtooltip Wild Charge).

Postby Silasthebear » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I wasn't aware of any of those shortcuts, Thanks ill keep those in mind for my other macro's. :D

Postby tysonlee » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 am

Symbiosis is just a minor perk, put it on whoever you think will give the best overall benefit. Ele shaman get solar beam, which is pretty ace for caster packs. Hunters get dash to help them run during camo. Warriors get stampeding roar. I can't think of any other good uses for this spell though until 5.1 where you'll want to symbiosis the tank almost all the time.

Return to Kitty DPS