Register

Feral DPS rotation trouble!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Feral DPS rotation trouble!

Postby echo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:20 am

Hi guys,
first of all I like to point out I am a lvl 44 feral druid with 3 heirlooms!

With these 3 heirlooms my dps is ridiculously low for the gear I have! For questing, my dps is around 250-300;; for dungeon mobs/bosses, my dps is around 250-350.

My rotation is:
for QUESTING:: Wild Charge:::> Mangle (until all 5 combos):::> Ferocious Bite
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
for DUNGEONS:: Wild Charge:::> Rake:::> Shred (until all 5 combos):::> Rip:::> Shred (until all 5 combos):::> Ferocious Bite

Can my rotations be improved for higher dps??

It would be much appreciated if you could post a better rotation for questing AND/OR dungeons.

Thanks in advance!
Echo

Revered

Re: Feral DPS rotation trouble!

Postby Sibylle » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 am

Hi Echo!

I wouldn't worry too much about levelling dps, although I understand it can be frustrating. The trouble with playing a kitty is that levelling dungeons require a lot of target switching and the mobs die very fast - and we're not well equipped for either of these things. As a rule, the longer a mob lives, the higher our damage will be!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:57 pm

It looks like you are high enough level to have Savage Roar and the Glyph of Savagery. Use that glyph and make sure to cast Savage Roar before you charge in to attack a mob. That will add 30% to all your attacks. Also, even when questing, use a Rake first before you start your Mangles. You also have Faerie Fire available, which is really useful for pulling mobs when questing and also applies an armor debuff to the mobs that will increase your damage. When you are in a dungeon it is useful to keep the armor debuff up all the time. Are you using any of the feral-specific addons? It is hard to say which of them will work for a low-level feral, but you might try Badkitty and/or Droodfocus to help you track the armor debuff from Faerie Fire, Rake, Rip and Savage Roar.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:37 pm

If you can, pickup Glyph of Shred and use Shred instead of Mangle when you can for questing.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm

At level 44 he only gets 1 glyph - I think Savagery is better to start with. He can get GoShred at level 50.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Ah good point, I only checked to see if he had access to the glyph and forgot about the number of slots.

Return to Kitty DPS