Register

Sim C, what am I doing wrong?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Sim C, what am I doing wrong?

Postby Abranor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am

So I've tried jumping into using Sim C for my characters stat weights and gear rankings and I have a question. Whether importing my current gear or using the Tier 14N gear in Sim C, when I click on the link to rank gear in wowhead, I show the H-Bottle of Infinite Stars coming out below Vial and Starcatcher's from last tier...

The only changes I've made from "stock" settings are that I have it set to run at 25k iterations(I think I read for stat weights this is what you want over 10k?) and have "ticked" only the following boxes under scaling (to speed up the simming):
Agility
Attack Power
Expertise Rating
Crit Rating
Haste Rating
Mastery Rating

Am I doing it wrong? Is more info needed to be able to tell if I'm doing it wrong?

Please advise, I'd love to be able to use this tool correctly but haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong from what I've read so far.

Re: Sim C, what am I doing wrong?

Postby Cerise » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 am

That wowhead export in SimC seems to be rather buggy. 9 out of 10 times it's showing me a empty list. The only way I've found to fix that is to clear your browser cache.

Here is what I do:

Start SimC UI
Click Options, Globals
Set Iterations to 25000
Set Length to 450 with 20% variation
Set Threads to the amount of cores your computer has
Click Buffs, toggle all
Click Debuffs, toggle all
Click Scaling, toggle what you need
Click Import
Import your armory
Click Simulate
Remove all the lines starting with 'actions'
Go to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=879
Copy/paste all the lines starting with 'actions' and put them in between the line with 'glyphs=' and 'head='
Make sure there is a newline between the last 'action's line and the 'head=' line
Press the Simulate button
Wait. ZzZZzzz....
Press save to results.html

Then go to http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear
Set the stat weights to custom
Edit the stat weights with the results of SimC
Update from armory
Optimize
???
Profit :D

Just click on items there to see which would be upgrades given your current stat weights. If you click 'Best in Slot' , it actually does a pretty good job replicating the exact list SimC uses for it's T14H profile too.
For trinkets I'd just stick with the list Agixx made though. I don't trust any stat weight gear list when it comes to trinkets.

Postby Abranor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:50 am

Cerise wrote:For trinkets I'd just stick with the list Agixx made though. I don't trust any stat weight gear list when it comes to trinkets.

I never get an empty list personally but I guess I can try your method when I have time again. Seems like quite a workaround though.

I didn't find a list Agixx authored but I see this one below that was in the feral post Alaron made way back when. Is there another chart I'm missing somewhere?

http://fluiddruid.net/wp-content/upload ... chart1.png

Postby Cerise » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:02 am

Yes, there is an updated chart, but it's hiding in the Simulationcraft topic. You can find the chart here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=817&start=150#p8544

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:12 am

It's not possible to accurately assess trinkets using a stat weight search on Wowhead, nothing but passive stats are ever included in value calculations (and for good reason, they have no way of calculating such a thing).

Postby Abranor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am

Thank you everyone for helping me be a better, more self sufficient face ripper!

Postby farmer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 pm

For those that want a way to approximate a trinket value, just take the static value ( X agility or whatever you get for equipping it) times that stat's weight, and add a fraction of the proc or on-use that corresponds to it's expected uptime. So if you had a 15 second on-use with a 1:15 cooldown, you'd have 15/90 seconds of uptime (1/6 uptime). If your on-use is a 3000 agility proc, then you'd have the equivalent of 500 agility.

Since on-use trinkets can be lined up with berserk and other abilities they are worth a bit more than this rough analysis would rate them. that's up to you to determine if you're able to make that happen, or if an average weighting is more appropriate for your play style.

Return to Kitty DPS