Register

Macro kitty 5.0.4

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Macro kitty 5.0.4

Postby Sorbic » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

The problem is that I do not know anymore what kind of macro it was for the TF / Berserk.
Like said before I'm a old player that returned and search already on the internet again but can not find it back for that TF/Berserk macro.
I believe its a sequence however with the reset it doesn't sound right as each time you hit the key it reset the counter all over again if you should use sequence.
(with other words, your last hit is making the reset, while in mine it was the first hit)

Maybe I didn't explain it well the first time, it was a macro that combined the TF with the berserk.
The idea was as from the moment you hit berserk you can not use TF anymore, but the conversely is true TF first and then hit berserk.
So I though you always want to have TF as first option but doesn't mean you always need to hit berserk in parallel (for example at simple mob you do not want to use berserk).
This means if we should use /cast TF /cast berserk, you lose a berserk which is in my opinion not word losing for a mob as the time is to short...

The macro worked as follow: after I pushed once, it switch to berserk spell, if I then hit it or NOT for the second time, anyway after 25 sec it reset back to TF spell.
You need to see it more as a visible option then as sequence option, Kinda as a IF option in programing.
I'm not expert in Macros and to long away from wow to remember what the possibilities are in macros.
That way I said later in my post, if we need to hit for the second time, we should combine incarnation and nature's vigil with the berserk as these are now new and optimal when using berserk.

So hopefully one of you can help me.
Thx

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

@Sorbic

This is what you are describing:

Code: Select all
#show
/castsequence reset=25 Tiger's Fury, Berserk

Postby Sorbic » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Thx you, idd is it like this.
However seems am confused with the way how the macro is resetting the counter when keep pushing the button,
Not sure anymore how this was in the past. Getting old and doesn't make it better to remember.

Once again thx,

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 pm

The reset=25 says wait for 25 seconds and then reset the macro to the start. If you do not push the macro a second time it will go back to Tiger's Fury at 25 seconds.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:15 am

Sorbic wrote:However seems am confused with the way how the macro is resetting the counter when keep pushing the button,
Not sure anymore how this was in the past. Getting old and doesn't make it better to remember.

I believe it has always been like this.

Postby Sorbic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 am

Its possible, don't remember, maybe now i'm a key spammer and in the past I wasn't :D .

Btw is it possible to combine these two macros in one ?

#show
/castsequence reset=25 Tiger's Fury, Berserk

/cast Berserk
/cast Nature's Vigil
/use [mod:shift] Potion of the Tol'vir
/cast Incarnation

Insomething like this:
#show
/castsequence reset=25 Tiger's Fury, WhereX

WhereX = /cast Berserk /cast Nature's Vigil /cast Incarnation all in one ?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 am

You could try my solution:

#showtooltip [form:1] Berserk; Tiger's Fury
/cast [form:3] Tiger's Fury
/cast [form:3,mod][form:1] Berserk
/cast [form:3,mod][form:1] Berserking
/cast [form:3,mod][form:1] Nature's Vigil
/use [form:3,mod][form:1] 13
/use [form:3,mod:ctrl] item:76089

Press normal for just Tiger's Fury
Press with Alt for Tiger's Fury, Berserk, Berserking (Troll Racial FTW), Nature's Vigil, First Trinket (I always put my on-use trinket in the top slot)
Press with Ctrl for All of the above and potion...

Postby kokomala » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 am

Tinderhoof wrote:

Is there something I'm overlooking?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Ha ha my fault. In the interest of speed I copied from the macro's already listed earlier in the thread (with the old potion). Should be:
/use [mod:shift] Potion of Vermin’s Bite

Good catch.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Still wrong Tinder! :P It should be
/use [mod:shift] Virmen’s Bite

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:22 pm

How's this:
/Ban User Aggixx

;^ )

EDIT: Be nice I am tired. Tried till 2am to kill Amber Shaper and failed.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Not a DPS-related macro but our CC (harm target) and resurrection spells (help target, not self) are orthogonal so you can put 6 spells on 1 button w/o any confusion:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,exists,nohelp,nodead] Hibernate; [mod:shift,exists,nohelp,nodead] Entangling Roots; [exists,nohelp,nodead] Cyclone; [combat][mod:alt] Rebirth; [noexists] Mass Resurrection; Revive

I use an action bar swap button, so I like to force my form bar when I enter cat or bear. I also like my form buttons to toggle when I'm out of combat or when shift is down, rather than powershift:
#showtooltip  Bear Form
/cast [mod:shift][combat] !Bear Form; [noform] Bear Form
/changeactionbar [noform] 1
/cancelform [nocombat]

Same for cat, but I also use this as my universal cancel form. (Typically, I leave the last line unmodified, but it made doing that quest where you hook-shot between flying dragons impossible.)
#showtooltip Cat Form
/cast [noform,nomounted][combat,nomod:shift] !Cat Form
/changeactionbar [noform] 1
/cancelform [nocombat][mod:shift]
/dismount [mounted]
/leavevehicle [mod:shift]

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:36 am

I'm looking for a macro that lets me switch between two different equipment sets. I have my usual PvE set, and then I created another for basically the same set, only instead of my agil staff it includes an intellect mace + off-hand (this is for HotW-Stuff).

I got as far as:
/equipset PvE HotW
which switches me to the intellect weapons. But how do I switch back, without creating another macro?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 am

You can try different conditionals, such as:

[form:3]
[spec:1]

For HotW, I use two different macros.

#showtooltip Heart of the Wild
/cast Heart of the Wild
/equipset Heals

and then my usual Cat Form macro (I have had the equipset line as part of this macro since ICC, saves the trouble of going into battle with anything but your strongest weapon: Fishing, Skinning (When that was a problem), Arenas, Healing, etc)

#showtooltip Cat Form
/cast [mod:alt][noform:3] !Cat Form; [stealth, @mouseover, harm] Pounce; [form, nocombat] !Prowl; [combat, nostealth] Savage Roar
/equipset [spec:2] Bear; Cat DPS

This will anytime you press the button, make sure the right gear is equipped.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:19 pm

D'oh, never even occurred to me to macro HotW cast right in with it ;)

Thanks for that!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby archury » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Having played cat for some time, I've developed one macro I'm most proud of. It maintains the original functionality of the TAB hotkey, and adds much more.

Functionality:
Tab enters cat form if not in cat or bear, targets the nearest enemy, and equips your main feral weapon if it is not equipped (you should have an int weapon macroed to tranquility and/or HotW.)
Shift-tab alternates between bear and cat form.
Ctrl-tab cancels your form back to human, because there are so many things we cannot do in cat form: vehicles, crafting, flights, etc.

Macro (250 chars):
#showtooltip Cat Form
/cancelform [mod:ctrl]
/use [mod:shift,stance:3]Bear Form;[mod:shift,stance:1]Cat Form
/stopmacro [mod]
/use [nostance:3/1]Cat Form
/cleartarget
/targetenemy [nodead]
/equip item:86071

Setup:
1. The last line of the macro must be updated with the item ID of your agi weapon.
2. Open the keybindings menu, and unbind tab, ctrl-tab, and shift-tab.
3. Place this macro on a bar and set the keybind to tab.

I hope you enjoy it. If you do, I could post some of my others.
-Archury

Postby Vaporgriffin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 am

Konungr wrote:You could try my solution:

#showtooltip [form:1] Berserk; Tiger's Fury
/cast [form:3] Tiger's Fury
/cast [form:3,mod][form:1] Berserk
/cast [form:3,mod][form:1] Berserking
/cast [form:3,mod][form:1] Nature's Vigil
/use [form:3,mod][form:1] 13
/use [form:3,mod:ctrl] item:76089

Just a quick question - I made the swap from Worgen to Troll last night and I'll be borrowing this macro, but I was curious about how troll berserking works with bloodlust. I get the impression from the way this macro is built that it stacks with bloodlust, and should be used with all the other damage cds stacked together for maximum effect, but since I'm a horde-noob I wanted to check to be sure.

Postby Vaporgriffin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm

So in a follow-up to my previous post, I'm still interested in some clarification around the optimal usage of TF, Berserk and Berserking(racial) together. I raiding last night with a macro that popped all three of them at the same time, and also lined it up with bloodlust and I found that all of a sudden I was energy-capping pretty badly and with DoC I was basically unable to spend all of the available energy in that 20ish second window (especially if I spent any GCDs on finishers or proccing DoC).

My question is, would it be better to pop berserking sequentially with berserk rather than simultaneously, therefore working with a longer window of increased resource availability? Or does it work out to more damage by blowing them all together with bloodlust, despite wasted energy ticks and/or combo points?

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm

I've wondered this, and have just done it the way I'm most comfortable with. Although I'm not a troll, I would imagine the berserking - energy regen is almost similar to bloodlust. I cannot do berserk with hero/bl or else I energy cap and have a hard time getting below 70 energy. I like to berserk outside of hero/BL, to, like you said, give myself a bigger window of spamming shred / FB. Berserk does not gain any additional damage from haste, so I don't see why stacking it with a haste buff would be beneficial in any way. Just my opinion, haven't done ANY sim or other research than trying it while playing :).

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS