Register

Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Leafkiller's 4.01 Feral Ovale Script

Postby anni23 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 am

Hi, I am from oceanic region and i usually run with ping/latency of 450-500ms. I am wondering whether i should customize any timings on leafkillers script to take into account my lag.
Should i add a baseline 0.3 seconds to most refresh timings given on script? or should i be more selective

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 pm

I think Ovale does some of the adjustment for you. Are you finding things out of sync?

Postby anni23 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 am

ya your right ovale does have a latency correction feature :)
am not really sure about sync since in a raid environment too many things to notice. will run some tests with combatlog and dummy

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:09 pm

I just posted version 1.1.4

This version has a single change - an option to have the script tell you to Feral Charge when it is off of cooldown. One of the new features in the 4.06 Mew code is the ability to model using FC during an encounter, including "travel time." Assuming a fight has no travel time and you want to FC as much as possible (all of those dragons where we can FC in melee range) doing so is on the order of (drum roll for this one) a 900dps increase. According to the simulations, it is a dps up to Feral Charge on cooldown if travel time is 4 seconds or less. Disclaimer - this is new code in Mew and the modeling may be incorrect for the travel time. Nonetheless, for fights with 0 travel time it is clearly a dps up to FC on cooldown, and likely it is the case for any fight where we can afford the movement. I did a small amount of testing on a test dummy - running out to FC, and my dps was certainly in the same range it usually is (and I was clumsy in my movements) with Ravage accounting for over 6% of my dps (ravage scales with weapon damage so it will do even better with Unheeded Warning).

Also - this assumes you are using the Glyph of Feral Charge. That adds about 130dps on the fights with no travel time.

Edit: I will probably relocate the FC code just after the code to refresh Panther for those cases where people are running out. I will test the optimum location for this code in Mew. I was mostly targeting the 0 travel time case with this version.

I will be cutting another version of the script soon, but this change is so much more dps than anything else I am looking at, I decided to get it done first. I have been FCing on the 0 travel time fights, but not always as soon as the cooldown is finished (mostly due to where I have the cooldown displaying) and this is a way to fix my poor play...

Postby orionj » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Any comment at all about the possibility of my second post which entails the energy control?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm

After I finish the other changes for 4.06 I will look at what it would take to change the energy pooling. I can tell you that the early modeling yawning did for interrupting showed a huge dps loss for feral (on the order of 1k dps on a 15 second interval).

Slightly offtopic. I did heroic SFK last night on my DK (farming alt) and I was interrupting "Stay of Execution." I have done this many times on my druid and can time my interrupt to allow for 0, 1 or 2 ticks depending on the healer (we had a pug healer last night). I never before appreciated how much delay there is between the time we cast Skull Bash and it goes off until I experienced the instant interrupt that a DK gets. While it is interesting that Skull Bash allows us to jump as far as 13 yards to interrupt someone, the delay inherent in the movement is a significant hindrance on fast casting spells even when we are standing right next to the mob and have 0 travel time.

Postby orionj » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 pm

You've notice this inherent delay as well? Honestly I wish my guild didn't force me to be their interrupt bitch.

Postby syntax » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Loving the feral charge addition (especially since we're doing nef tonight). One suggestion though as I've already made the change myself and liking it much better-- only add the FC suggestion to the help icon (2nd icon). There are times when you don't want to FC just yet and would like to see what else to do in to keep the rotation going instead.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:36 am

syntax wrote:Loving the feral charge addition (especially since we're doing nef tonight). One suggestion though as I've already made the change myself and liking it much better-- only add the FC suggestion to the help icon (2nd icon). There are times when you don't want to FC just yet and would like to see what else to do in to keep the rotation going instead.

In those cases I would recommend using something like Power auras to tell you that FC is off of cooldown. The change I made is extremely simplistic and I recommend using it only for those bosses where you will always want to FC - and where the travel time is 0. I plan to work on a more sophisticated code to handle the cases where you need to run away to FC - but it will still be intended for fights where you want to use it as soon as it is off of cooldown. In cases where you need to save it - any cooldown monitor will tell you when it is available.

In other news, I have just posted version 1.1.5 of the Ovale script. This version simplifies the rotation by removing FB above 25% health (yes this means you will do a lot of Shred spamming especially during Berserk - and yes it is a dps up in 4.06 due to the increased dps of Shred). I also removed the SR desync code as this is dps neutral and removing it simplifies the rotation further.

Glyph of FB continues to be a dps loss - do not use it. Glyph of TF continues to be the best "third" glyph along with Glyph of Shred and Glyph of Rip.

Next up is more work on the FC code. I am not sure if I can achieve what I am trying to do with the current Ovale APIs - time will tell.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Great stuff, all. I'll toss up a thread about bosses and FC, since that's very relevant now. (actually, I think there was one earlier, have to check.)

Leaf, I actually got Berserk as being higher than TF (though the difference was tiny, can't remember offhand). Admittedly, I only tested 346 and 359 level gear.

Postby orionj » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Something also I've been wondering, is there a way to get ovale to detect if we are in front of the boss, or have a check box to change the rotation to mangle when forced to DPS in front of a boss on certain fights, as I imagine we wouldn't be shreding much in front of one?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:58 pm

I am guessing you checked with the default script rather than mine for the TF vs. Berserk glyph comparison. I just rechecked on several different profiles. The values are pretty close but it does look like Berserk scales better. On my toons (one with Tia's Grace + Fluid Death and the other with Unheeded Warning + Fluid Death) and my script, TF is slightly better. On the sample 372 toon included with Mew, Berserk is better with both scripts. For all profiles, Berserk is better than TF when using the default sim script. If you want to play with my most current sim script, the latest version is in the second post of this thread.

Here are my results:
Code: Select all
            My Script      Default Script   
            GoTF   GoB      GoTF   GoB         
ilvl 372   25583   25645   25533   25558
Tia+FD      21453   21417   21405   21411
FD+UH      21644   21627   21589   21602

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Also a quick note on TF vs Berserk glyphs. If you're an engineer, in theory that will tilt you somewhat (how much though I don't know) towards Berserk as using TF glyph will desync you from your Synape Springs (which now give agility for ferals this patch, yay!). Might be other such use items that have similar factors.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 am

Just a couple of questions for the whole FC bit...

It seems to recommend using it even during Berserk if it's up...does that sound right? Seems wasteful as Ravage is already free with Stampede, plus you're wasting Berserk uptime having to run out in the first place...

Also, is there any reason it's saving Ravage till about 2 seconds till it falls off? Or is it other abilities having more priority during a given phase than using the free Ravage?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:21 am

The code I put in for FC is very simple with no checks for other spells. However, since FC is off of the global cooldown, you should use it as soon as it comes off of cooldown on any fight where there is no movement required including during Berserk. Queuing the Ravage is free at this point and you can use it at a time when your energy has dropped low enough that none will be wasted.

If I can get code to work that deals with the using FC on fights where you have to run out, then the code will check for Berserk and TF and not recommend running out while those are up (other things may be checked for but have not been modeled yet). If you look toward the bottom of the default sim script that ships with Mew you can see the code that Yawning put together for recommending when to run out for FC.

The reason for waiting until 2 seconds are left for Ravage is the hope that TF will be cast in time for the 15% damage buff.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 am

Leafkiller wrote:The code I put in for FC is very simple with no checks for other spells. However, since FC is off of the global cooldown, you should use it as soon as it comes off of cooldown on any fight where there is no movement required including during Berserk. Queuing the Ravage is free at this point and you can use it at a time when your energy has dropped low enough that none will be wasted.

If I can get code to work that deals with the using FC on fights where you have to run out, then the code will check for Berserk and TF and not recommend running out while those are up (other things may be checked for but have not been modeled yet). If you look toward the bottom of the default sim script that ships with Mew you can see the code that Yawning put together for recommending when to run out for FC.

The reason for waiting until 2 seconds are left for Ravage is the hope that TF will be cast in time for the 15% damage buff.

Mkay, thanks for the response!

Overall, I just don't care for the changes in our rotation, just seems too dumbed down and easy essentially spamming shred while keeping mangle and rip debuffs up. But yeah, nothing we can do about that for now...just feels wasteful not FBing until the execute phase.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Ok - I just posted version 1.1.5b. It adds support for specifying a "travel time" for Feral Charge. It does a couple of other cool things also. For example, if you are out of melee range, it will display a "Dash" texture icon in the main rotation window to tell you to move. If FC is off of cooldown but you are out of range (too close or too far) it will not tell you to FC, but will show your normal rotation unless you are in no-man's land - out of FC range and out of melee range at which point it will tell you to move (dash texture). If you have selected a non-zero travel time for FC (and have turned on FC) it will flash the dash texture to tell you to run out. It is cool to see the icon change to FC when you get far enough away so that it is castable. Running out is at the bottom of the script to that everything else in the rotation is prioritized first - including fillers such as shred - this is so you do not waste energy. If you are slow to move out, it will take you back into the rotation until you have nothing else to do and will then it will tell you to run out.

I really like this version if for no other reason than the range checking for melee attacks. Originally, I had that inside of the FC code but moved it out because it is useful on any fight. In particular I was thinking of kiting fights like Ascendant Council where the mob keeps moving out of range, and there are also puddles on the ground that would be nice to be out of while still being in range to hit the mobs.

Among other things, the code for running out for FC checks for the 4 piece bonus (Panther) buff being within 4 seconds of dropping off. I cannot test this yet as I don't have 4 piece. It is also slightly more efficient than the code in the Mew simulator for modeling FC as it includes an optimized conditional around Rake expiration (this was tested in Mew of course).

Please test this new version. I am looking for feedback on the melee range checker and FC code both with the travel time set to 0 and to other values (1, 2 or 3 depending on the fight).

Honored

Postby Mihir » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 pm

1.1.5 worked great, used it in tonight's raid

will use 1.1.5b tomorrow :)

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Just tried it out on a dummy, love the new FC script. Just one minor nitpick...there any way you can fix it so the FC icon on the far right turns off with the rest of the boxes when you have the "Show Right Cooldown Boxes" unchecked? Just looks a little odd sitting there by itself, presumably it's meant to turn off with the rest of them, but currently it just stays there.

Postby Spritzup » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Would it be a DPS loss/gain for it to suggest running out x seconds before FC is ready? That way as you hit the min range, FC pops?
Last edited by Spritzup on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:54 am

I tied the FC tracking box to the FC selector. I can change that to be tied to the right hand buffs if people prefer that. At the time I added it, it was to help me with my testing...

Honored

Postby Mihir » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 am

just tried 1.1.5b, looks great. tho it would be nice having some way of differentiating between "your out of range, dash and move closer" and "you should dash out of range and charge back in". Not sure what would be the best way to achieve that tho :P

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:50 pm

@ Spritzup - the script does tell you to run out before FC is off of cooldown - that is what the 1-3 seconds setting does.

I can change the initial icon that says to run out for FC to be a different texture. It will switch over to the one that says you are out of range once you run out - but by then you would know why you were out of range. I will look for another interesting texture to use.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 pm

(night elves only)
Vanish on OOC->Ravage? Only +80%? Silly and just Shred instead?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Ok version 1.1.5c is up now. It has the change to the Feral Charge Cooldown box to make it part of the "Show Right Side Cooldown Boxes" and it uses a different texture to tell you when to run out for Feral Charge. As you are running the left box (main rotation) switches to the range texture and stays that way until you are back in range to do something (feral charge or melee depending on where you ran). I used the cat stampeding roar icon to tell you it is time to run out.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS